These EMTs are badasses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
50 times, jesus.
--------------------------------------------------------
September 20, 2012 10:03 PM // WENDY VICTORA / Daily News // EMTs honored for enduring yellow jackets during rescue

Two emergency medical technicians received the HERO Award this week for helping a badly injured patient while being stung by yellow jackets.

Tammy Franklin and Richea Driskell were honored at Tuesday’s Okaloosa County Commission meeting for going beyond the scope of what their job entails.

--------------------------------------------------------
http://www.nwfdailynews.com/articles/honored-52446-jackets-yellow.html

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As a former EMT and someone who's been swarmed and stung 30+ (you get tired of counting) I say "Way To Go!". My little sting fest resulted in getting very sick for a few days and an ,understandable I think, fear of yellow jackets (those things are evil). The job is a lot more difficult than most people imagine. Everyone sees the ambulance crews posted at a 7-11 and thinks it's such a gravy job but you're seeing a tiny slice of the job. These medics that stung really deserve some serious credit. Doing the job is physically and emotionally draining and then throw in being swarmed and stung repeatedly (and NOT run away?)...well done!!!

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As a former EMT and someone who's been swarmed and stung 30+ (you get tired of counting) I say "Way To Go!". My little sting fest resulted in getting very sick for a few days and an ,understandable I think, fear of yellow jackets (those things are evil). The job is a lot more difficult than most people imagine. Everyone sees the ambulance crews posted at a 7-11 and thinks it's such a gravy job but you're seeing a tiny slice of the job. These medics that stung really deserve some serious credit. Doing the job is physically and emotionally draining and then throw in being swarmed and stung repeatedly (and NOT run away?)...well done!!!

Most EMT's and Paramedics are "used up" by age 45. Back injury is a high risk for the profession. This is just another example of the hazards they face. Kudos to them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom