This is why my right knee doesn't work as it should.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I learned to ride on a Honda SL-70. I loved that bike and it hooked me for life. I got it when I was 10 or 11...thereabouts. Even did some of the beginner motocross races on it. I was too afraid I'd scratch it or drop it so I never rode it like I wanted to really race.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I learned to ride on a Honda SL-70. I loved that bike and it hooked me for life. I got it when I was 10 or 11...thereabouts. Even did some of the beginner motocross races on it. I was too afraid I'd scratch it or drop it so I never rode it like I wanted to really race.
You don't know what you missed out on. Broken clavicle, broken arms, even being paralyzed. A guy I went to school with crashed in berm and was paralyzed from the chest down. A tree root got him.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You don't know what you missed out on. Broken clavicle, broken arms, even being paralyzed. A guy I went to school with crashed in berm and was paralyzed from the chest down. A tree root got him.

I did my share of really stupid s**t when I was a kid. I made a parachute out of an old sheet and some clothesline. Tied the lines to the belt loops on my jeans. Jumped from the peak of the roof as I tossed the parachute in the air. Surprisingly, it didn't work. At all. But gravity did. Then my mom beat my a55 for ruining her sheet and clothesline.

I had a knack for hurting myself.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did my share of really stupid s**t when I was a kid. I made a parachute out of an old sheet and some clothesline. Tied the lines to the belt loops on my jeans. Jumped from the peak of the roof as I tossed the parachute in the air. Surprisingly, it didn't work. At all. But gravity did. Then my mom beat my a55 for ruining her sheet and clothesline.

I was reading that and saw the coyote chasing the roadrunner.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I would climb up in trees and pretend to be Tarzan. Cracked the cartilage in both my heels. Wore sponges in my shoes while they healed.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
1969 Yamaha 175 Enduro on a farm. I'll bet I was involved in every type of wreck you can do on a dirt bike. High side, low side, endo, can't remember them all. I got smart and made wire cables as guards for my foot brake and gear shift lever to keep trees and brush from cramming between the frame and the lever. Fun stuff.

I had an escaped calf spook and run alongside me on a dirt road. I was trying to kick the calf away from me and the damn thing ran in front of my bike. Damned calf got up and trotted off. I rode home with the handlebars almost parallel to the front tire and skinned up with road rash from head to toe. I almost screamed when the water from the shower hit me. I don't know which was the dumbest animal in the wreck, me or that calf.

I still have parts for sale.

yamaha parts.jpg

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I raced motorcyles from the time i was 10 yrs old till i was 18. Owned many street bikes after that all the way up to the 900 category.The only one that I ever rode that totally scared the crap out me was the Thumper. That thing had scary power when you opened up that throttle. It wasn't stock either.
Screenshot_20231110_222137_Samsung Internet.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a couple Honda 90’s as a kid and a Yamaha RD-250 in the mid 70’s.
Later in the late 70’s got into drag racing bikes with a highly modified Suzuki GT-750 Water Buffalo that was running the quarter mile at 140 + mph. Not that quick by today’s standards, but fast.
In 82 bought a Honda ATC 250R that used the 250 Elsinore dirt bike engine with some mods. Started racing it in flat track and motocross events. Picked up a sponsorship in 85 that bought me a 1985 250-R that was an entirely new engine design with 1/3 more HP and water cooled vs the 82 model.
Sent the engine off to Selvy’s of California who built Team Hondas engines for modifications that upped the Hp from 36 to 49 HP with a mid range power band. Scary fast.
Ended up winning 9th in the National Championships at Boyd Tx in 86 at the ripe old age of 37 years.

IMG_2307.jpeg

Don’t have that machine anymore. It wasn’t fun to ride recreationally.
Do still ride a 3 wheeler though on a regular basis. Restored a 1985 250SX to use around the farm and take to Little Sahara State Park for dune riding.

IMG_0041.jpeg

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I raced motorcyles from the time i was 10 yrs old till i was 18. Owned many street bikes after that all the way up to the 900 category.The only one that I ever rode that totally scared the crap out me was the Thumper. That thing had scary power when you opened up that throttle. It wasn't stock either.
View attachment 428285

I had a couple TTs as well. They dried up fast when guys started flat tracking with that engine. It was a thumper for sure!

Latest posts

Top Bottom