Through and Through Shots

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolfkpr

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nypd issued 9mil ball for 3 years ( in the 90’s ), and had 15 or more people hit by bullets fired by officers- after it had gone through the person who was the original target.. dont know how many were fatalities. Its the reason pretty much all LE use hollowpoints.

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm assuming we're talking humans here since the term "victim" was used. I'm not personally familiar with human situations. However:

I've had two occurrences while hunting hogs where I've managed a "twofer" as my friends and I call it. It is not uncommon...you get a bullet that you know will pass through and if two line up...

Here is an older video of one of my twofers. You might have to skip the first minute or so if you don't want the background specifics.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Several years ago, I killed two does with one shot with a 250 gr Barnes Expander out of a Knight muzzleloader at about 60 yards. Dropped the both in their tracks...neck shot the one closest to me and high shouldered the one behind. Reloaded and killed a third about 5 minutes later. We had 8 doe permits that year and ended up filling them all.
D6D574BF-1383-4D3A-85E0-6AFAFAAF2718.jpeg

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad once shot 2 does this 1 shot from a 165 grain 30-06.
Double lunged the first does & the bullet deflected a bit on the exit & neck hit the second does. Both dropped right there.
But of course my dad had to use my grandpa's tag on the second doe.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, it’s like this. I was leaned up against a tree when I saw a big buck walking up the hill. I shot, he turned around to run back down the hill so fast that when the bullet came out the other side it was headed back for me. I ducked just in time to avoid being shot !

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Funny, but this really happened. Hit a deer a bit high with a 30-30 about 50 yards away slightly up hill from me. The bullet clipped the spine, deflected down a rib, followed the rib around and came out the same side as the entrance hole only a lot farther down. Came back with enough force to kick dirt up about 5 yards In front of me and about 4 feet to the right of where I stood. Bullets do some very strange things!

Latest posts

Top Bottom