Top Shot Season 3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree. I wouldn't really call what Jake is doing "leading", more like bossing them around. I hope they get rid of him soon. He puts a poor image out for the SEALS.

Oh, and he won't shut up about it! "...SEAL this and SEAL that..." Noone cares dude! He's this season's George.

I doubt Jake was much of a SEAL. I read an article on him that stated he did 3 years with SEAL Team 8. The time he spent with them was described as short, tumultuous and horrendous. Not the words you would expect to hear about a good SEAL. Sounds like the Navy might have quietly asked him to go home (back to the civilian world)...just a guess...but I wouldn't be surprised.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As much as I cant stand Jake I will say this. He appears to have all the tools to win. It will be hard to eliminate him especially if it goes to a more physical type challenge.

As for the SEAL part. No matter how you slice it to make it through BUDS you have to be physically and mentally tough. To answer the above question comparing Rangers and SEALs. In the Army you can go to Ranger school and graduate and go back to your parent unit. With SEAL training BUDS is just the first part of the "pipeline". Once you graduate BUDS I believe you have a "probationary" period with a SEAL team. During that time you continue down the pipeline with all your schooling. If it is true that he spent 3yrs with SEAL team 8 then he was not there long after all of his other schools.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Found a link to an article that is much different from what I originally read. Paints a little different story. Sounds like he was playing the race card. With SEALs your either one of them or your not. Sounds like he might have become an outsider within his organization after filing a discrimination complaint. Yeah, probably not a smart idea on his part.
http://www.chron.com/CDA/archives/a...-racism-some-see-efforts-to-diversify-sp.html

Just read that whole article, it angers me. All of it. The standards are what they are, if you make it, great. If you don't you aren't up to snuff end of story. The criteria don't see color.

skyydiver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, I would be the first one out, and I'm sure the woman who just left could smoke me. That said, I just think it's bad form for an Officer and SWAT team member to say, in essence, 'I could usually do much better, but with the stress of competition and the gun going off next to me, I just couldn't get it done.'

To me, that's scary.

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, I would be the first one out, and I'm sure the woman who just left could smoke me. That said, I just think it's bad form for an Officer and SWAT team member to say, in essence, 'I could usually do much better, but with the stress of competition and the gun going off next to me, I just couldn't get it done.'

To me, that's scary.

No kidding! If she can't handle a little competition, I sure as hell wouldn't want her next to me in combat! Let alone be on a SWAT team...

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ya, I agree with everyone that Jake is the sandpaper this season. He's no leader from what I've witnessed at this point either... more like a barking dog.

Glad Chris did well. I hope he had some contacts or at least a glasses strap with him to keep those on his head. In the physical competitions, I'd be worried he'd lose them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom