Total Solar Eclipse - April 8th, 2024

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oksportsman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gonna use the lake house at Texoma as a base and head east to Hugo or southeast to Texas depending on clouds on the 8th. Brothers spending $1800 for 4 nights at a state park lodge in Arkansas. Crazy stupid what people are paying to possibly witness the eclipse. I'm only out a tank of gas.

CoronaBorealis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm good at 94% from my backyard.
The difference between partial and total is this…

IMG_4649.jpeg

Or this…

IMG_4650.jpeg

I am actually a big astronomy nerd. I really hope the weather works out. I’ve never experienced totality, but I have heard from others that it is an absolutely amazing experience. There’s a reason people drive hundreds of miles, drive dozens of hours and spend thousands of dollars to experience it.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gonna use the lake house at Texoma as a base and head east to Hugo or southeast to Texas depending on clouds on the 8th. Brothers spending $1800 for 4 nights at a state park lodge in Arkansas. Crazy stupid what people are paying to possibly witness the eclipse. I'm only out a tank of gas.
There are also eclipse cruises.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep. Wife is going to be in Paris, France during this time. I'm taking the day off work and heading to Broken Bow area to see it. Since I work in McAlester, I may find a hotel or something in BB or McAlester for the night then head into work the next day. THe expected time for for full totality in Broken Bow area is approx 1:45pm.

CoronaBorealis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep. Wife is going to be in Paris, France during this time. I'm taking the day off work and heading to Broken Bow area to see it. Since I work in McAlester, I may find a hotel or something in BB or McAlester for the night then head into work the next day. THe expected time for for full totality in Broken Bow area is approx 1:45pm.
My friend, if you don’t have a hotel already, you likely are not getting one. Maybe in McAlester, but certainly not in BB.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My friend, if you don’t have a hotel already, you likely are not getting one. Maybe in McAlester, but certainly not in BB.
Youre probably right. MY only thought is that I would stay the night on Monday night. THought process is people may be staying a long weekend in BB, watching the eclipse on Monday then heading home monday afternoon possibly opening up some rooms.

Latest posts

Top Bottom