Trap Recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can find some good used traps on trapperman.com for sale, also there's a guy called Trapper Art, he's in Wisconsin I think, that sales used traps, I've dealt with him and he's treated me good in the past, he had some #3's the other day that were priced pretty good.

jarhead983

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Check out the Oklahoma fur bearers alliance site. There are guys on there that can get you certified. Don't know if it matters but I don't think you can sell anything you catch with a coniber.
John weygandt is on this board and he can put you in touch with someone that can get you certified as well. Maybe he will see this and reply.

Scott

Yeah, I seen it Scott.

The conibear class is no longer required. They have gone to a predation permit for the landowner. He has to get a permit from his local ODWC officer and then the landowner can have someone come in and trap the beaver out utilizing conibears, snares whatever. I haven't had to do this since I can do it under my nusiance wildlife permit, but I understand it isn't that big a deal. The only issue is the landowner has to do it, not the trapper.

The old Part A/B paperwork is no longer required and they have discontinued the conibear certification class. I'm not totally convinced thats a good idea. you can get yourself into some bad situations with conibears. A number of trappers have been killed using them. Of course that is mainly up north and involved getting caught in them in frozen waterways. Not that big a concern down here, but you should learn to release yourself with only one hand available. Tricky, but not impossible. I will try to find a source with good instruction to link you to.

If nothing else, come on down to our auction on Feb 5th in Chandler or Mar. 5th in Okmulgee and myself or one of the other trappers will be more than happy to show you how. Also you can buy all of your traps and supplies there.

Scott, drop in and say hi. I will try to get to your Calling seminar this week, but I have to get prepared for a trip to D.C. Saturday morning.

Latest posts

Top Bottom