Tulsa Area Job Openings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HVYCHVY

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The company I work for, Tulsa Gamma Ray, is hiring Radiographers and Assistants. No previous experience needed for the assistants. If your an experienced carded technician, salary is negotiable, but helpers start off at $12.00 an hour. We run both a day and night shift, but I believe they are needing folks to work nights. Night crew is from 5 pm, but depending on the customer, you will have to be anywhere from 6 pm till ??? am. The boss usually tries to keep the same teams (tech and asst) going to same shop(s) so the schedule is the same.

Assistants are responsible for helping the techs get the job done. Unloading the truck, load film in the cassettes, hook up and move source, string barricade, etc. It's not a very difficult job, and 90% of the jobs are on the ground.

If this career sounds like something you'd like to do, or if you know somebody that wants decent pay, stop by Gamma Ray at 11th and lewis and fill out an application. If the interview goes well, you will be hired thru a temp agency and be paid weekly.

Must be able to pass a drug test

JRSherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember all the people that did that when I was in Portsmouth Naval Shipyard. The guy that did all the actual tests was this little shriveled up old gray haired guy, I seriously think he'd been doing that job for years there.

What's the day hours like?

HVYCHVY

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Smokes and booze is OK, unless your in my darkroom. :)

Day hours vary, usually 8-5ish. I work at AGEquipment in BA, so my normal hours are 730 - 330. If we have alot to do, or a hot job, 0600 till we're done. The longest I've worked was from 0430 to 930 shop to shop...The vessels had to ship today and be in FLA and on the boat by Monday. My current helper came from nights and said the most hours he recieved in one week was 78. They were going to two shops a night.

Night hours vary. Most xray takes place after hours, so some night crews smight have a 'window' from 10 pm till 5am when the fab shop's day crew shows up. If you have a fast tech, you may be done alot earlier.

THe way it is supposed to work is, the customer sends in an Xray list with what needs done and what time you can get in to shoot. If you work well together and bust butt, you can be done alot quicker. You do get paid windshield time driving to and fro.

JRSherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds wonderful, not sure it'll work for me though. Trying to find something that makes sure I can still get to school on time. I have 5-9:30PM classes at BA Tulsa Tech.

If I knew I didn't have to worry about that I'd work as long as needed MWFSS in addition to Tues-Thurs as long as I could make it to school on time.

HVYCHVY

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds wonderful, not sure it'll work for me though. Trying to find something that makes sure I can still get to school on time. I have 5-9:30PM classes at BA Tulsa Tech.

If I knew I didn't have to worry about that I'd work as long as needed MWFSS in addition to Tues-Thurs as long as I could make it to school on time.

You might go by and talk to Dan Potter. They will work with you on hours.

HVYCHVY

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not a problem:)

They do have guys that stay at the shop shooting castings in the vault or out back in the pidgeon pooper, or doing other inspection methods that have set hours. If you get called out to a job after 5pm on Friday, it's considered double time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom