Tulsa attorney announces candidacy for mayor; arrested for outstanding warrant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Tulsa attorney Ron Durbin announces he's running for mayor, arrested shortly after​

Tulsa attorney Ronald Durbin announced he's running for mayor outside of the Tulsa County Courthouse on Aug. 16.

He was at the courthouse before a hearing with the City of Tulsa regarding a lawsuit accusing current Mayor GT Bynumof violating the Open Meetings Act and holding private meetings with city councilors.

Durbin went on to say that given the alleged corruption within the city, he will be joining the race for mayor.

"I'm here today to now officially announce that I am throwing my hat into the ring for mayor of the City of Tulsa," he said. "I'll be filing to run for mayor of the City of Tulsa, and look, do I have any expectations of winning? No, but do you know what? We are going to hold every single person that is running for that office accountable."

Moments after Durbin made this announcement, he headed into the courthouse where he was stopped and arrested by Tulsa County deputies on a warrant for assault and battery against a security officer in April.

Durbin strongly denies the accusations against him and claims the security officer put his hands on him first. 2 News is working to get the security camera footage from the incident to verify these claims independently.

Several deputies assisted in the arrest of Durbin and he can be seen taken to the ground. He was taken to the hospital for evaluation. The Tulsa County Sheriff's Office said was medically cleared and booked into the Tulsa County Jail.

https://www.kjrh.com/news/local-new...-hes-running-for-mayor-arrested-shortly-after

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only viable candidate for Tulsa Mayor is Paul Tay.

I know you're joking but that dude needs an asswhopin. The whole expose yourself to kids running down 41st naked, dildo on the head while flipping off a school bus, and whatever happened with the rape thing......

Latest posts

Top Bottom