Tulsa Trout? why wasn't I told?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://freshare.net/article/trout_fishing_at_tulsa_urban_pond_provides_family_winter_entertainment/

Tulsa area residents have an opportunity to fish for trout without venturing far from home. This year the selected pond is located in LaFortune Park, located at the corner of 51st Street and Hudson in Tulsa.

This Tulsa trout fishing opportunity is possible by a partnership between the Oklahoma Chapter of Trout Unlimited, the Tulsa Fly Fishers and Tulsa-based conservation group NatureWorks. The season opened Dec. 26 and the pond will be stocked periodically through March.

Special “children only” days will be a new addition into this year’s schedule. “Kids Only Days” are slated for Dec. 26-31, Jan. 18, Feb. 15, and March 15, 2010. On these days fishing will be open to children under the age of 16 only, and children fishing on these days must be accompanied by an adult. The accompanying adult may fish on these days. All other days during the season will be open to all ages. All anglers over the age of 16 must have a valid Oklahoma fishing license. A bag limit of four trout per day, per angler has been set, and catch and release of trout is discouraged. For more information log on to tulsaflyfishers.org.

JRSherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go figure, we find out about it and tomorrow is a kid's day hehe. Think I'll go ahead and head down to Pretty Water/Sahoma tomorrow. This time I won't screw up and forget my crappie gear for Sahoma though. . .

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm confused as well. You said "this year's lake" but the article was written in 2009. Is this still available?

Yes, here is the info from my trout fishing club's website.

Tulsa Trout Pond is Open
The pond is located in LaFortune Park near the corner of South 51st Street & Hudson Avenue in the Garden Park pond. The pond
was stocked with trout and is open for fishing. Two additional trout stockings will take place during the winter months. Kid's Only
Fishing Days ... Monday, February 21st and Monday, March 14th Parents and grandparents looking for that unique “something to
do” over these holidays should watch for further announcements regarding these and other special fishing days being planned at
the pond in the coming months.

Funding for the trout pond comes from NatureWorks , the Oklahoma Chapter of Trout Unlimited and individual contributors. Thanks
to Tulsa County Parks Department for their efforts in posting signs and the use of the pond, the Tulsa World and the BA Ledger for
publicity, and the ODWC for Game Warden support and permission to stock trout.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any more details on this?

You have to keep everything you catch? What about really small ones?

What would you recommend for a setup if you have no experience fly fishing? For a 5 year old too?

I'm new to this arena so if I sound ignorant, It's because I am.

Latest posts

Top Bottom