Two children trapped in NYC apartment die in fire thanks to another exploding e-bike

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The National Fire Protection Association is a globally-recognized nonprofit, and an authoritative source on fire prevention — the organization is often tapped by legislative bodies and administrative states for rules and regulations recommendations. Speaking to the danger of e-bikes, the NFPA writes the following:

Most e-bikes and e-scooters are powered by lithium-ion batteries. This is the same type of battery that powers many of today’s electric vehicles, cell phones, laptops, and power tools. When lithium-ion batteries are damaged, they can overheat, catch on fire, and even lead to explosions. When fires occur, they also tend to burn very hot and can be difficult for firefighters to extinguish.

While there are no national or international statistics on how often e-bikes or e-scooters catch on fire, it does happen with some regularity—and the numbers are rising.
As expected, “rising” numbers equate to real human sacrifice. Whether the “green initiatives” support Biden’s pursuit of greenism or the World Economic Forum’s “sustainable solutions” like 15-minute cities, the left’s demands for the temple of climate alarmism afflicts us all — and there’s yet another tragic case to prove it.

On Monday, two Queens children perished in a fire caused by the lithium battery of an e-bike. According to John Hodgens, the chief of New York City’s fire department, and relayed via Yahoo News:

We got here very quickly – and if this was not an e-bike fire, most likely we would’ve been able to put this fire out without incident. But the way these fires occur, it’s like an explosion of fire.
https://www.americanthinker.com/blo...re_thanks_to_emanotherem_exploding_ebike.html

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With regards to the lithium-ion batteries catching fire, at least one of those is suspected of starting a fire on a cargo ship carrying a large number of high dollar cars, including some electric models.

CBS News - Cargo Ship with Luxury Cars Sinks in Atlantic Ocean

"European carmakers declined to discuss how many vehicles and what models were on board, but Porsche customers in the United States were being contacted by their dealers, the company said.

"We are already working to replace every car affected by this incident and the first new cars will be built soon," Angus Fitton, vice president of PR at Porsche Cars North America, Inc., told The Associated Press in an email.

The ship was transporting electric and non-electric vehicles, according to Portuguese authorities. Suspicion on what started the fire on Feb. 16 has fallen on lithium batteries used in electric vehicles, though authorities say they have no firm evidence about the cause."

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
e-bikes sales is on the rise in the bike industry, but not just because of the 'green initiative'. The technology is becoming more affordable and starting to trickle into other types of bikes (off road, gravel, road, as well as commuter). And for many, they do make sense. Citi bikes and other forms of rentable transportation in large cities helped drive demand as people realized they could navigate around more quickly and not have to worry about parking fees and traffic (in the same sense as in a car or cab).

with the boom in sales, the market has seen an influx of bikes from let's say 'less than established' brands and the demand for the batteries has skyrocketed. And they aren't all equal.

laptops, cell phone, etc all have these types of batteries and have all had problems with fires. The ebike ones are bigger, so i imagine a fire with one is more problematic. i wouldn't be surprised if we see a push to establish safety standards for the batteries.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got an ebike a few months ago and really like it. I can't ride off road like I did 20 years ago because of knee problems, but this ebike really helps.
A lot of seniors are finding they can ride bikes again and enjoy the outdoors.
I've read that if you stick with established reputable companies your chances of battery problems will be much less.
Now if you go hot-rodding your bike with Chinese parts that may not be a good match that will increase your chances of a fire or explosion.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As expected, “rising” numbers equate to real human sacrifice. Whether the “green initiatives” support Biden’s pursuit of greenism or the World Economic Forum’s “sustainable solutions” like 15-minute cities, the left’s demands for the temple of climate alarmism afflicts us all — and there’s yet another tragic case to prove it.
I mean on the other hand I bet we could count the number of kids killed in defense of the second amendment when trapped by active shooters at their schools. Sadly, kids lives are the cost of both liberty and progress on both sides.

Latest posts

Top Bottom