Two years of buying parts...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

becker_atc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It runs!

Took it up to marks firearms in Moore and he looked it over and found that my extractor spring was weak and I had my gas block was set to far back.

So was not getting full gas flow and May was the reason it wasn't ejecting each case.

Happy camper now that might be going to range tomorrow with the box of 75gr Hornady match ammo.

Thanks Mark!

becker_atc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got to the range with it today was a rough start at first but got the bcg swimming in amsoil she ran for the most part.

Few times the bolt didn't lock back on empty mag

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_08_11_ugyzyryj.jpg

Rough sight in with American eagle 55gr ball ammo

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_08_11_syvuma6u.jpg

Best group of 75gr Hornady match barrel was good and warm at that point and the real creepy gi trigger kinda sucks. Will try them again

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_08_11_py2u9e5u.jpg

Handloads 60gr nosler partition 24gr h335
Edit: measured 0.960 with flyer 0.480 without using digital caliper

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_08_11_uru2atag.jpg

Handloads again same bullet 25gr h335
Edit: measured 0.846 with digital caliper

I want a better trigger I have the yellow spring kit may try the 50¢ trigger job but not sure yet

Shooting was done off Walmart bipod and bags in the rear on a bench.

Last edited:

becker_atc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Over the weekend was able to shoot a little more. Got out to 405 yards with it (range finder)

I think I fired 5 rounds total did lot of shooting at various ranges. One shot can't see it was way low likely my fault

We plugged some rough numbers into my buddies balistic calculator and let them fly. Had Walmart bipod for support and American eagle 55gr fmj

tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_14_09_01_1544465c5096cb125e025823bf6ca7e3.jpg

The round white spot was the bottom of a fast food joint cup. The bigger holes was buddies 308 at same distance.

Never shot past about 225 yards before this

Sent via message in a bottle

Latest posts

Top Bottom