U.S. Navy Mocked for Photo of Commander With Rifle Scope Mounted Backwards

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

feral

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shame Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That boy has never shot a rifle before. Look at where it’s at on his shoulder.
On the other hand, it’s a photo op. He took whatever was handed him.
Pretty much. He's an officer in the blue water Navy. It's not like he's ever going to be called on to fire any kind of gun in anger. Most likely the closest he'll get is giving the order to fire something.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I heard that this officer was directing sailors in the difficult process of using a tweezers to place a large alligator into a matchbox…..

dlharper

Marksman
Reaction score
Well, to me, I dunno, the whole front part of that weapon looks not in line with the back part, like it's angled slightly down. That could be just me. He didn't take his cap off, or turn it around (like all expert snipers do lol), which leaves the bill of the cap pushing down on the back cover cap of the 'scope (you can just barely see it sticking out of the bill). And how could the captain of a Modern United States Naval Vessel take a weapon from a Gunners Mate, pull it up to his shoulder, look down the barrel, and not say, "Hey, I can't see through this thing."

glassparman

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember some years ago seeing a news photo of some cops in some city somewhere and it showed a female with her AR15 platform rifle and she was aiming at a suspect . . . the magazine was in facing the rear!

Latest posts

Top Bottom