UL, Underwriters Laboratories, SafeCyber Digital Security Platform Protects IoT Devices

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score

UL’s SafeCyber Digital Security Platform provides protection to companies and other organizations implementing IoT devices.​

Robert Archer • November 8, 2021

NORTHBROOK, Ill., Nov. 8, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- UL, the global safety science leader, today launched its new SafeCyber Digital Security Platform, a suite of solutions aimed at democratizing IoT security and empowering key organizations, such as device manufacturers, suppliers and systems integrators, to take charge of their connected ecosystems. From smart home devices and sophisticated medical devices, to advanced automotive and Industry 4.0 technology, UL's SafeCyber Digital Security Platform aims to mitigate the growing volume of cybersecurity threats facing these organizations.

Read the bold print.

The title is very misleading. This was NOT IMPLEMENTED TO PROTECT THE USER of these devices. It was created to assist the manufacturers, dealers, integrators, and installers of these devices to take over the function and usage in your home or place of business.

With the IoT devices coming out and the lack of legislation, read laws against the misuse of or hacking being very lacking, UL has decided to protect these companies against any lawsuits from the users.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now I'm worried my robot vacuum may come for me in my sleep, or take pics of my guns (if I had any) and forward them to those who would take them.
I know it's already shared my floorplan.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a basic Samsung Smartthings hub with our fire alarms and lights along our evacuation route connected so that if a smoke detector goes off, our lights in the stairwell and hallways leading to the nearest door will turn on.

It is behind two routers, each with BitDefender installed, and a firewall. I have a ban on any Alexa, Google Home, etc devices though. Our phones listen to enough, no reason to integrate it into our house further.

Latest posts

Top Bottom