Ultimate 870 -- Pic heavy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Finished!! Mods list:
Scattergun Technologies ghost ring sights, jumbo head safety, +1 magazine extension and green hi-vis follower.
Surefire 618FA forend with rocker and pressure switch
Tune and smooth action
Remove magazine detents
30 hole barrel port
Hogue short LOP stock.

Wilson/Scattergun charges somewhere around $1200-$1400 for these things! and that's WITHOUT the porting.

Yes, my workbench is a mess. Don't judge me.

IMG_1933 (1).jpg

Last edited:

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That looks nice!! Today was the first time in my life to shoot a shotgun with a rear ring sight on it. I liked it! I swapped dlbleak for one with the rear ring site and brought it home and gave it a whirl. Enjoyed it.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unfortunately no. Just the tooling alone is about $400. I only know of one guy who does this and I wouldn't recommended him.

It's been my experience that unless you have a rare or special barrel, it's just cheaper to buy a different barrel. PM me with what you are looking for and your application and I might have something lying around.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is very nice!
I just finished a 20 gauge 870 project. Modifying the forend tube assembly was a trick but it worked well with the eotech light forend. I would have liked to tried it with the magpul but no one had them in stock locally.
tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_15_01_20_ae16f429b1528c85bf471ef2b8763d37.jpg

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Unfortunately no. Just the tooling alone is about $400. I only know of one guy who does this and I wouldn't recommended him.

It's been my experience that unless you have a rare or special barrel, it's just cheaper to buy a different barrel. PM me with what you are looking for and your application and I might have something lying around.

Many long gun smiths do this, if you have enough meat in the barrel, its easy.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I appreciate the offer. I actually don't need it done, but I was curious if you offered that service.