US Army's new grooming standards called racially biased

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What's the deal with all the "racist" crap today?
Cut their freakin' hair off the the scalp when they get to boot (like they did mine), and make'em keep it cut off. Racist? Sure, it's racist.

R. Johnson

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's the deal with all the "racist" crap today? Cut their freakin' hair off the the scalp when they get to boot (like they did mine), and make'em keep it cut off. Racist? Sure, it's racist.

I think the women should be held to the same grooming and PT standards as men. If it takes 40 push-ups to be a soldier then that's what it takes regardless of sex.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I gotta admit, cornrows are not professional looking and have no place in the military. I don't recall seeing cornrows ever when I was in the military and women's hair was never an issue. You kept it regulation and went along your day, is this specifically about cornrows? I didn't see any real story about it, just a single paragraph.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was in the Navy in the early to late 90s. I know exactly what people are talking about. I remember the ridiculous and stupid haircuts that the black women good getaway with. Wiigs extensions corn rolls. The haircuts were so outrageous that their hats could not even fit on their head. Their hats just sat on their hair. Dual standards pissed me off and it's about time that the enforce the regulations or changed them

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
20 plus years in the Army, I am still waiting to see someone correct the way females' hairstyles at the post hospital. Other than see them there and in the mess hall, I worked in man's world.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I Sooo wouldn't fit in with the military anymore. Womens have never been held to same standard as men, nor should they be. The whole idea of a Co - ed military has always been a joke to. Sure some women can hang and sure I'm "ok" with women serving. Hell my wife served 6 years during the 80s.

As long as it's peace time, let them serve and let them "groom" however they want. It's all cool with me, as long as it's peacefull.

But when the bullets start to fly or when the ships on fire, I'm kinda like a queer......I want men with dicks backing me up. And i don't care if them guys have cornrows or pink hair but I want muscle. And i don't wanna worry about my battle buddy getting corn holed by the enemy if he's captured....that'll just make me wanna be a hero to try n save some chic out of honor.

So let have whatever grooming standards they want, just keep em out of combat and other hazardous situations.

AbundantEntropy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad I got out when I did. Could have done anything I wanted for an mos but I took a combat unit so it was all male. They started accepting females the month after I left. The standards are not racist or sexist they are fair.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
When I was short, I tried to get out of the infantry by applying for a lateral move. I wanted to have a nice, easy job in an air conditioned office with the females. I kept seeing the reenlistment NCO, even when I was a two digit midget. The best they could offer me was the drill field, recruiting duty, or instructor at Quantico. After two years, BAM! I'd be back in a rifle company again. I saw how easy the pogues that worked with the WMs had it, I saw it with jealous eyes. When going to schools at stateside, I'd see the females running in formation, boobs bouncing and butts jiggling, and I knew I was an office type. I didn't care how they wore their hair. I was looking for sweat stains...

Latest posts

Top Bottom