Verizon with iPhones?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teeeroy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rumor has it that Verizon will be announcing iPhone 4 service tomorrow.

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/hardware/so-who-wants-a-verizon-iphone-4/10874?tag=content;selector-blogs

Anyone have a clue as to what this might cost vs. AT&T? I read another story also that claimed Verizon would be offering unlimited service, too.

I don't know anyone with Verizon, but I'm not necessarily married to AT&T either and would switch if the service/cost were right.

Verizon is generally pricier on plans compared to AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint. Sprint is usually the cheapest of the big 4.

I had AT&T for years (8 or 9?) and was happy with it, but got service through Verizon via my employer last year. The call quality and coverage is excellent, and in my experience surpasses AT&T. In 9 months, I can count my number of dropped/failed calls on one hand.

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been comparing the two in light of the news, and the plans (ATT and Verizon) are virtually identical, if Verizon maintains unlimited smartphone plans for iPhone, I will be switching...Look up the websites.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Verizon kicks AT&Ts butt on service and coverage. We kicked AT&T to the curb last January and haven't looked back. We transfered 32 lines from AT&T. It was march before my AT&T rep called me up and let me know she just realized we had left.

AT&T claims a faster network. Everything you see on the TV is just the Marketing department doing what they do best.

My wife wants an IPhone. With her being on our corporate account she is patiently waiting for this release. Now I just have to make up my mind if she is going to stay on her Blackberry or switch to the Iphone. Monthly cost will play a roll in my decision.

Just have to wait and see what happens tomorrow at 10am. OH and Feb 3rd is the leaked date. With Apple Employees being put on notice that no vacation will be approved for that week.

ZombieHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
29.99 for unlimited data pls I am presuming a minimum of 50$ for a voice package then the Text who knows for unlimited. I do know it is coming for sure tomorrow though.

Apple stock hits 350+ tomorrow watch.

M_Ridgeway

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i pay about 180 a month for two droid x phones with unlimited internet, no phone tethering, 1400min. im sure the iphone price point wouldnt be too far off from that.

i wanted the iphone till i got the droid. they had buy one get one free months service and a couple other small bonuses, and i like this phone better.

verizons service is far better if you travel. if i am in an att only network it wont work. thats happened once in 4 years. otherwise if my phone wont work no one elses will either. att also kicked me off their network for being a frequent off network user after having them for 5 years. said it cost more to keep me than lose me. if i have anything to do with it they will never get a dime from me again.

Peace_Maker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an Iphone with att and my contract is not up until October. If Verizon gets the Iphone tomorrow I am going to drop att as soon as Verizon can get me an Iphone. I don't care how much Verizon charges and how much att will charge me for canceling my contract. I had Alltel-Verizon for over two years, I switched to att to get an Iphone. I have more dropped calls on att in any given week, than I had with Verizon in two years. Hell I had two dropped calls while calling att customer service to complain about dropped calls, I don't live in the sticks, I live in the middle of Moore. When I did live at Little Ax and the OK panhandle I rarely dropped a call with Verizon. I can't wait to leave att.

Latest posts

Top Bottom