Victor Borge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
*sigh* I miss all the skit based shows of my childhood. Red Skelton, Jackie Gleason, Jonathan Winters, Carol Burnett.... They were so full of fun.

I remember laughing until my sides hurt when Victor Borge would do his "Punctuation" skit.
That was the last part of the show last night, Oh My Goodness, Maggie, I was crying to no end, but earlier on the tribute he had a well known opera singer who could not keep her hands off of his piano and Victor continued to remind her to KEEP HER HANDS OFF HIS PIANO. Anyway, she belted out something as opera singers do right away, and Victor slid right of the piano bench, scared him. Well, as he does, he opened the bench up and pulled out seat belts and buckled them and then and only then did he allow her to proceed.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, We never had a TV until I was a senior in High school as we couldn't afford one. I don't remember watching it much, preferring to fish and hunt.(and chase lady's :D) Shortly afterward was drafted into the Army, and spent another 6 years in parts of the world that had little or no TV.
To date, have never got into the TV thing, but do remember some of the Red Skelton shows. He was pretty funny.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was away at college when my folks got their first TV. Remember coming home on weekends and watching Friday Night Fights with my dad.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
*sigh* I miss all the skit based shows of my childhood. Red Skelton, Jackie Gleason, Jonathan Winters, Carol Burnett.... They were so full of fun.

I remember laughing until my sides hurt when Victor Borge would do his "Punctuation" skit.

One of my all time favorites.

That was the last part of the show last night, Oh My Goodness, Maggie, I was crying to no end, but earlier on the tribute he had a well known opera singer who could not keep her hands off of his piano and Victor continued to remind her to KEEP HER HANDS OFF HIS PIANO. Anyway, she belted out something as opera singers do right away, and Victor slid right of the piano bench, scared him. Well, as he does, he opened the bench up and pulled out seat belts and buckled them and then and only then did he allow her to proceed.

Loved that bit too.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Red Skelton was a real gentleman. I had the privilege of seeing one of his shows taped. He was extremely gracious towards the audience. "Good night and God Bless"

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Red Skelton was a real gentleman. I had the privilege of seeing one of his shows taped. He was extremely gracious towards the audience. "Good night and God Bless"

My Dad was actually in the Army with Skelton. When Skelton showed up for basic training, we was already an established actor with quite the following. This really pizzed off his drill instructor. As Dad tells the story, this guy made it his mission to crush Skelton. But, no matter how much extra abuse he took--lots and lots of needless ditches dug--Skelton never complained and the men loved him for it. He was one of the good guys.

Latest posts

Top Bottom