Video of road shooting...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd take it a step further and say that they should have felony charges after a certain point - prison time might deter some of these idiots - maybe even the thought of loosing all gun rights for life.

If not, oh well - there's that many more idiots off the street.

Seriously??!! Prison time for poaching? A felony? Talk about a waste of taxpayers money. Hit them with a large fine, and make them pay for thier mistakes, but PLEASE PLEASE don't make ME pay for thier mistakes. These people are poachers not murderers and rapist. HUGE difference in my book. IMO

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seriously??!! Prison time for poaching? A felony? Talk about a waste of taxpayers money. Hit them with a large fine, and make them pay for thier mistakes, but PLEASE PLEASE don't make ME pay for thier mistakes. These people are poachers not murderers and rapist. HUGE difference in my book. IMO

So shooting at something on someone else's private land (multiple times) without regard to safety shouldn't be something that can carry a stiffer penalty than loosing your truck/rifle and a fine?

I'm not saying to do it on the first offense, but clearly Oklahoma's poaching laws aren't taken seriously enough to prevent someone from loosing their truck/gun and then they just skip out on paying the fine and get another gun/truck and do it again?

Sorry, but as someone who hunts on public land - I've experienced whizzing bullets coming through the trees from someone who didn't give a crap - couple that with road shooting and/or hunting without tags and taking all the good trophies out there and I say hell yeah - put 'em in prison.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not to say they didn't even have hearing protection. The one fool shooting out the passenger window of the car probably suffered permanent damage to his hearing.
Those are the type of maggots that ruin our managment practices in my area. I hope they hang them with the steepest fines, lose their weapons and rights to hunt.:rant:

Yup, agreed...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a story.
About 15 years ago in Osage county when it was legal to shoot a doe on the last day of the season, I was hunting with a buddy on private land. The Osage game ranger also hunted that property. He told us he was putting up the decoy, so expect some additional people(ODW rangers) in the area.
We were with him observing when a pickup came down the road, and the guy shot out the window. They busted him, and he got a fine, and got his rifle back. He was a school teacher in a near-by town The next year in exactly the same place, same decoy, same day (last day of gun season) the same pickup came down the road with two guys in it. They both bailed out and shot, and got caught again. It was the same guy as last year. What an idiot!
Cost him a bigger fine, and he did lose his rifle.:yelclap::yelclap::yelclap:

Fast forward to now, and they set up the dummy deer last year, and used my round top barn to observe from..... not one vehicle drove down that road in 6 hours......We have a real road hunter problem, so I guess the wrong day was picked.

257wby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They need to set those up in alfalfa county. Road hunting is horrible. It is discouraging sitting in my stand and seeing trucks drive by with blaze orange on the dash.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They set one up on my dad's property several years ago and one guy snuck up on it and shot it, I think twice, with his bow. They could only get him for no orange hat.

Latest posts

Top Bottom