Vietnam UH-1 helicopter pilot poser outed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Speaking of Lurker I have some things I'd like to say. When I became owner of this site I started getting emails from Lurker or whatever he calls himself, initially somewhat friendly but eventually becoming veiled threats with demands, I'll show you many of them.

The first ones had accusations against dennishoddy with some pretty frightening levels of effort put into it. He included a list of accusations and 10 screenshots of random things dennishoddy had said and mentioned having over 250 screenshots. I forwarded the entire thing to dennishoddy and he answered every question with answers that were better than anything I could have made up, which makes me believe him. I then tried to convince dennis to let me publish all the answers but he said he wasn't interested in getting the whole thing going again and I completely understood, especially now that I've seen the efforts Lurker will go too.

I basically told lurker that I would look into it and get back to him when I made a decision on it, and that can take a while with me sometimes. If he doesn't get an answer he continues to send more emails, each a little more shady and threatening than the last, and then follows me around the internet to send me a message anywhere he can find me, and I'm pretty much tired of it.

To any one that supports lurker and his efforts to ruin dennishoddy's and anyone else's life, you can leave, don't let the door hit you on the way out, go have whatever site you think you want to have with that guy and have fun. We don't play that anymore here. No one should have to deal with that level of harassment over a site that is basically here for entertainment. People generally come here for at least a small level of enjoyment.

Whether you like it or not, this guy is the definition of an extortionist and I'm tired of it and anyone supporting him should re-examine their positions.

I didn't include the first email with the list and attachments due to privacy concerns for dennishoddy. I replied a few times in the beginning to say I'd look into it and he kept sending messages before I ever had a chance to. Eventually I stopped replying so he started sending them from different sources. I have never been rude to this man and have never replied in a negative way. All of these emails were unsolicited and most were not replied to. There are more, these are just the ones I could find the easiest. He's sent message in many different forms to many different places so it's hard to find them all, most of these have shown up in the last few days.

Early email after he sent his initial concerns and I said I would look into it after I was done with the technical aspects of taking on the site.

View attachment 56115

Contact Us form from OSA
View attachment 56108

He likes to use my name, I guess to let me know that he knows it.

View attachment 56109

Apparently he found a different email address for me somewhere so he sent one to it.
View attachment 56110

This is him using the contact us of another forum I started for a car called the "Elio"
View attachment 56111

More demands sent from the contact us of the first forum I ever started.
View attachment 56112

Not sure what these threats actually were that he is referencing, no one else has mentioned being "threatened."
View attachment 56113

More threats and demands.
View attachment 56114
Yeah he's an odd duck for sure. Far from the worst at either forum, tho. Welcome to Okiehoma!

Lawl.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I'm far from a Lurker disciple...I'm less concerned with his alleged war story embellishments than I am with the selection of moderators who use their moderator status to stifle dissent with a mod's personal opinion and generally act like bullies.

Mod's shouldn't make personal posts in forums they moderate. Period.

The more I learn and see of the bitterness and agresiveness in stalking Dennis, the more I think it isn't "stifling dissent" as much as battling harassment.

So because I'm a mod, I have to give up any personal involvement in the forum I've invested years in?

I'm pretty sure no one wants truly impersonal robotic moderation. Most of us would have been banned ages ago.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The more I learn and see of the bitterness and agresiveness in stalking Dennis, the more I think it isn't "stifling dissent" as much as battling harassment.

So because I'm a mod, I have to give up any personal involvement in the forum I've invested years in?

I'm pretty sure no one wants truly impersonal robotic moderation. Most of us would have been banned ages ago.

I don't think that's what he meant. Just don't moderate threads you are participating in or vice versa. Remember J.P.? He was the most prolific poster we've ever had and he was a mod, and didn't seem to have issues with other members. :twocents:

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are only two mods here that have ever 'modded' me in the way that that people (including me) generally whine about.

One is bulbboy (welcome back!) and I'm pretty sure the other mods one of the unspeakable alternatives to OSA now.

Gotta say after a second read those Lurker emails are a bit creepy. Reminds me of the guy who stalked Bjork.

www.diskusjon.no_uploads_monthly_01_2008_post_53560_1200173274.jpg

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

No, but if you yourself are engaging in vigorous discussion in a particular thread, you can't turn around and use your mod status to threaten folks who disagree with you. Step away and ask an impartial, non-participating mod to make a judgement call. That's pretty damn easy. If you can't hack that then don't be a mod and quit whining about how hard it is.

You also can't use your mod status to PM other members and demand they change content that does not violate forum rules just because you personally don't like it.

It's human nature. I get it. It's also not rocket science.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think that's what he meant. Just don't moderate threads you are participating in or vice versa. Remember J.P.? He was the most prolific poster we've ever had and he was a mod, and didn't seem to have issues with other members. :twocents:
As a mod, you typically participate in every thread on the forum. Either by monitoring or posting. There was a mistake in asking posters to quit posting personal attacks in the trump thread by me in farmerbyrons post. It was corrected the next morning by pointing out that post asking members to keep on the topic and quit the personal attacks was NOT directed at farmerbyron in any way shape or form. The discussion was not being stifled. What was being moderated was the personal attacks against any of the trump supporters by the anti trumpers. They could not stay on the candidate, which is fair game, but went after the poster personally.
that's called moderating a thread, following the forum rules which I can post if you want.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As a mod, you typically participate in every thread on the forum. Either by monitoring or posting. There was a mistake in asking posters to quit posting personal attacks in the trump thread by me in farmerbyrons post. It was corrected the next morning by pointing out that post asking members to keep on the topic and quit the personal attacks was NOT directed at farmerbyron in any way shape or form. The discussion was not being stifled. What was being moderated was the personal attacks against any of the trump supporters by the anti trumpers. They could not stay on the candidate, which is fair game, but went after the poster personally.
that's called moderating a thread, following the forum rules which I can post if you want.

That's the attitude right there. There was pages and pages of back and forth in that thread directed towards both sides. Trump to anti-trump and the other way around,and it was going along just fine, heated but fine, until you decided you didn't like it...because your points were being argued against. So you pulled the mod card. Then, when you were dimed out, you tried to walk it back.

That is the kind of "moderation" that drives off members, stifles discussion, and kills forums.

Good luck with it Steve, if that's how you want to play it around here.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, but if you yourself are engaging in vigorous discussion in a particular thread, you can't turn around and use your mod status to threaten folks who disagree with you. Step away and ask an impartial, non-participating mod to make a judgement call. That's pretty damn easy. If you can't hack that then don't be a mod and quit whining about how hard it is.

You also can't use your mod status to PM other members and demand they change content that does not violate forum rules just because you personally don't like it.

It's human nature. I get it. It's also not rocket science.
That's the attitude right there. There was pages and pages of back and forth in that thread directed towards both sides. Trump to anti-trump and the other way around,and it was going along just fine, heated but fine, until you decided you didn't like it...because your points were being argued against. So you pulled the mod card. Then, when you were dimed out, you tried to walk it back.

That is the kind of "moderation" that drives off members, stifles discussion, and kills forums.

Good luck with it Steve, if that's how you want to play it around here.
That's factually wrong and you know it. The mistake of not making two posts was addressed and corrected. What is your issue with me recognizing that?

Latest posts

Top Bottom