Vietnam UH-1 helicopter pilot poser outed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That sounds reasonable. But that's also not at all what you originally said.

...or if it's the "Valor Thief" buzzword that has all you military people up in arms, but this issue seems to have the blinders on a lot of people. I wish people would just let it rest.

As far as stepping away and asking another mod, I've done that, and so have several others.

It seems any time someone gets their dainty little feelers hurt, they cry foul of the mods.

Hey! Careful there when you post something like that...don't go lumping all us "military people" in the same damn basket okay? Some of us "military people" can think for ourselves you know.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was not overlooked. The request to stop personal attacks said from both sides of the discussion.....did it not?
50 pages later or so.

And your post that I just quoted and bolded indicates a one sided perspective....Still.

What was being moderated was the personal attacks against any of the trump supporters by the anti trumpers.

Okuma

Crocodylus Pontifex
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jeebus...can we please move on? This is old ****, if you don't accept DH's saying it was cleared up, or like him as as a Mod; or O-Steve saying he was satisfied at DH's explanation, then go on down the road or something, wouldja? And oh...
This is the last hurrah for it, after this we're moving on. I've been wanting to get this out in the open for a while and this thread was a good chance for it.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is the last hurrah for it, after this we're moving on. I've been wanting to get this out in the open for a while and this thread was a good chance for it.

Good! Does anybody wanna talk about something else maybe? I know! Let's talk about pistols and rifles and scopes and holsters and ammo! Hey, now that would be a change huh?

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
So lying is okay, but only if it's on the internet. Got it.

I have no problem with you, and you've been a mod here a long, long time. And a good one, IMO. But you're reading this situation all wrong and bringing strawmen into it to justify yourself.

But until you unhitch yourself from a bad beat, expect people to be upset. Even if it's only the internet.

Not saying lying is OK. I'm saying someone lying/being wrong on the internet isn't something I'm going to hold a grudge for years over and put a ton of energy into. Like Lurker has done.

So DH lied, so he was wrong, so he misremembered. So what? It was literally years ago. What baffles me is the amount of energy and time expended over an internet error.

I didn't bring up the straw man, you did. You brought up my use of a childish name. I replied that it's perfectly applicable in this situation. Someone was wrong on the internet (Oh the horrors) and Lurker has made it his personal vendetta to out it continually. That's childish.

The whole "guilty by association" goes both ways. If I should expect people to be upset because I'm associated with OSA and a few people are upset with OSA, you should expect people to take your argument as childish whining because you associate with an internet rebel forum filled with little kids who are butthurt over the rules and people who enforce them on the playground.

I've never "defended DH's honor" or "come to his rescue" or "had his back" so much as every time this comes up - and much to my exasperation it comes up a lot - said that it's childish, petty, and asinine to keep bringing it up.

As far as issues with moderation, bring it up in private with that mod and the owner. Whining about it in public does no one any good, and makes a lose lose situation for everyone. Which I guess is the real goal with a lot of the kids that continue to come over here (who, mind you, "don't come here much", and "don't care") and cry foul about the moderation.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Earlier in that same thread a forum member accused another forum member, twice, of being a paid internet troll.
A personal attack that you ignored and overlooked because of your own emotional investment in the topic of the thread.

And I keep getting my dick knocked in the dirt for telling the truth about the identity of the "paid internet troll", ie, that he is a former banned member that has been allowed to come back multiple times. Even tho I brought it up privately as I was told to, with no response.

Multiple user accounts are against forum rules. We all know a dozen banned members that got their alts banned before even posting sometimes. Then we get to see this flippant mockery of that rule and are forced to remain silent?

I never wanted him banned in the first place, I just wanted to tell him to go fawk himself. But that's also against the rules. Getting hard to play withing these rules, see?

He's allowed to come back and talk about how he was here years ago, etc, and post in the same exact manner. Against the rules, right? When we're forced to follow strict rules, why do we have to watch people mock them without consequence?

Tricky. Solution? Loosen the fawking rules. Like actually loosen them. Especially in the "boiler room". How can we even call it the boiler room with it being modded heavily and PG-13 words being censored. I'd have had it out with him and we'd have both moved on if that was allowed. I thought the point was to let members bicker? Waaaaa personal attacks. As long as it's not ACTUALLY personal (doxxing) then let it be. That would be too easy, tho. Then we'd just have an active, healthy forum and we wouldn't have these cool drama threads. Personal "attacks" are funny, and they damn sure don't lead to this kind of drama that both sides keep perpetuating. Doxxing should be a permaban. Everything else should stand, at least in the boiler room.

OSA is the only forum I'm an active poster on. And I've only ever had the one account here. Unlike some of the members of both sites who have called me a loser with too much time on my hands when they themselves can be found with ten, fifteen, twenty thousand posts on 4-5 forums (or more for a couple of them). Another source of chuckles. I've also been called a whiny hothead and butthurt for my posting style, by some of these people that are actually clearly and admittedly emotionally invested in all this. My posting is tongue in cheek satire to all but the most waterheaded of waterheads or the crispiest of burnouts. There's a lot of them around, fortunately.

There is literally so much irony in all this whining from all these people it's scarcely believable.

I'm here till it burns down or I get banned. Or the forum traffic slows so much it all but dies. I almost have my second term in!

TL;DR - go fawk yourselves you fawking fawks, I love you.

P.S. I know I'm not being helpful. I know I'm whining. I don't care. I'm simply entertaining myself. I hate you. Please keep fighting and trolling.

-RH

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom