VMII has WINGS!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rolando

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I contacted Milt Sparks with a question about the VMII. :

"The forward "wing"is separated from the body of the holster at the top two or three inches. Why?"

T Kanalay responded:
"Two reasons. One to provide a wrap around mouthband that will hold a metal reinforcement strip and two, to provide flex to allow the forward loop conform easier to the shape of the torso. Thanks. T"

I see a lot of copies of the VMII that have the forward wing separation and I also see other designs similar to the VMII like the Canute or the 5shot IWB holster that don't have that feature.

Does anyone have any experience with the VMII vs other similar but not identical designs without the wing? pros, cons?

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have used the VMII for several years simply because it is well constructed, secures the firearm well, allows good firearm presentation and is the most comfortable IWB I have found to date. I have used some others that secured over the firearm without the "wings" and most have not been as comfortable for me. I suspect a lot of that depends on the size (thickness) of the firearm. The most comfortable non "winged" holsters I have carried were when carrying a 1911, which is fairly thin. However, my P239 is also fairly thin and the VMII is more comfortable with it. A close second is the Crossbreed Supertuck. It's a very comfortable holster that again secures the weapon well. The Supertuck, although not "winged" is built on the same principle - spreading out the anchor points. My primary reason for preferring the VMII is that it is leather. I don't like the sound of Kydex or dragging my firearm over it. I also don't like the metal clips. Having said that, the Crossbreed is a great holster from a great builder with great service. I am always looking for a better way to carry and expect a leather lined Kydex soon from Tucker Gunleather. It is not "winged" so I'll see how that goes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom