Waiting for Ron Paul on Leno...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
opening trade with other nations, ending our imperialistic wars in third world countries, and allowing foreign nations to take care of themselves is isolationism? huh.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
opening trade with other nations, ending our imperialistic wars in third world countries, and allowing foreign nations to take care of themselves is isolationism? huh.

Yep. Without Uncle Sam to keep the peace between the children, Earth will disintegrate into chaos and demagoguery. :rolleyes2

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ron Paul has some good financial thoughts, but he is a nut job otherwise.
Specifically his desire to go back to isolationism. That has never worked in history.

Agreed!!!!

I get a good laugh out of those who think us pulling back or troops is going to keep us out of wars.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's kept us out of so many wars so far. :rolleyes:

Trying to keep to ourselves and let the world take care of itself has never worked and will never work. Believe it or not, I really wish it would work but every time we have tried something similar it has only resulted in us being dragged into a bigger war, and usually we are very under prepared for it when it happens.

We bring the troops home, and the political types think that means we do not need them. They cut military spending down to nothing to use the money for other things and then war breaks out and we are sucked in with little or no equipment for our troops. It happens every time that we try to pull back and always bites us in the butt. Since we have become involved and ready to attack if needed the number of wars has not gone down, but the number of our people killed or injured has. That alone is worth a lot to me.

You show me a politician that wants to bring our troops home and reopen some closed bases here to house them, get a real commitment from the politicians in all branches of government that the numbers and weapons systems will never be cut and will be replaced as they wear out, then and only then will I support it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom