Watch Carrier tell 1,400 Indianpolis employees their jobs are being sent to Mexico

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We hate illegal Mexican laborers and the people who hire them but support "American" companies outsourcing American manufacturing jobs to Mexico and selling here. Because poor hard working CEOs and poor shareholders.

Listening to people blindly support trade policy that will never benefit them is like listening to a 40 year-old virgin talk about sex positions.

The CEO is expected to earn dividends for share holders and if the CEO can't make that happen with manufacturing here, they're going to move manufacturing out of the country.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you transcribing the video for the hearing impaired or what?

I'm trying to help people understand that employees are paid to earn a profit for their employer and the greater impact the employee has on the profit, the greater their pay is. Some people don't understand that, they just think that it's unfair that the boss is paid 100x the janitor's salary.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm trying to help people understand that employees are paid to earn a profit for their employer and the greater impact the employee has on the profit, the greater their pay is. Some people don't understand that, they just think that it's unfair that the boss is paid 100x the janitor's salary.

http://globalnews.ca/news/1357488/widening-pay-gap-between-workers-and-top-execs-extends-to-canada/

I understand that perfectly well. Maybe you can shed some light on why the increases for execs climbs dramatically, while wage earners stagnate?

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Perhaps the concept of "employee" is an outdated and dysfunctional one. Better to think of yourself as an independent contractor and to work to make yourself competitive with other independent contractors. The age of robotics is coming. I think this is bigger then trade policy.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No one is going to stop the runaway train that is globalization. Not the government, not the politicians, not the work force, not the consumer, not the lawyers and not the courts. No. One.

Until the world equalizes on one standardized (lower than the current U.S.) economic scale, that giant sucking sound you hear is the money and jobs that are leaving the United States. You might as well sit back, crack open a foreign owned and operated InBev cold one and watch the **** show on your foreign made TV's and computers.

Enjoy! :sunbath:

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score

Not that it makes a real difference in the argument, but it's more like 1500x the salary.

His salary, at 211.5 million total would pay ALL 1400 employees 150k/yr.

I'm not in any way FOR pay caps, but I fail to see how one person can *possibly* earn 4000x what the average US income is in profit for a company.

Latest posts

Top Bottom