Weapons on Base?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iwant1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What do all the Military folks do that live on base and own guns?

1) Can they have guns in their home?

2) Can they conceal carry to and from (through the base)?

Do they forfeit their rights?

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
and for #3...

Yes, as a member of the military and resident of base housing you do voluntarily forfeit some rights.

Iwant1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What do all the Military folks do that live on base and own guns?

1) Can they have guns in their home?

2) Can they conceal carry to and from (through the base)?

Do they forfeit their rights?

So you can obviously transport them in and out of base, i'm guessing they have to be unloaded? Or can you keep them loaded with a license? Does the license help a base resident at all?
I would like to hear from a Military Base Reisdent that faithfully carries. What's your process?

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here are some FAQ's from the Fort Sill website about weapons on base. See if this does not answer your questions.

Q: What are the rules for transporting my weapons on Fort Sill?

A: Transport weapons by the most direct route when entering or leaving Fort Sill or when going to or from an authorized activity such as practice range, hunting, or other sporting activity. Intermediate stops of short duration at PX shoppettes/gas stations are the only authorized stops. Do not make stops at any other on-post location.

Q: Do I have to unload my weapon for transport?

A: When transported, unload firearms. Lock ammunition and weapons in separated compartments.

Q: What are the rules for storing my weapons?

A: Military personnel residing in troop billets that own or possess any item listed in USAFACS Reg 190-1 paragraphs B-3f(1), (4), (6), or (7), or B-3g, will store the item(s) in a unit arms room. Military personnel and their family members residing in family quarters, BOQ, and BEQs who own or possess any item listed in cited paragraphs above will store the item(s) in their residence. Firearms in on-post quarters will be kept unloaded and in a place separate from ammunition. Under double lock when quarters are unattended. For purposes of this regulation, one lock may be the quarter’s entrance and the second lock may be a locked container, trigger lock, or lock cable, chain, or rod through the firearm's guard or barrel, or stored in a locked room, closet, or cabinet. Out of the reach of children under age 18.

Q: Can I store my weapon in my vehicle?

A: No.

Q: When entering Fort Sill, do I tell the access control personnel at the gates about my weapon?

A: Yes, and provide additional information regarding the transportation of both registered and unregistered weapons as required by law enforcement personnel. All military and civilian employees working on Fort Sill will register their firearms with the Directorate of Emergency Services (DES), prior to using them on Fort Sill. Guests participating in sporting events/activity such as skeet, trap, hunting, and marksmanship events are not required to comply with this registration requirement. However, they will transport their weapons by the most direct route to and from the range when entering and leaving the military installation.

Q: My father has a concealed weapons permit from Oklahoma and is coming to visit me, what rules does he have to follow?

A: The Oklahoma concealed weapon law does not apply on Fort Sill. All personnel must follow Fort Sill policy regarding weapon use, storage and transport upon entry on to the installation. Concealed weapons are prohibited on post unless authorized by DES for law enforcement duties as prescribed in AR 190-14, para 2-8. Military personnel violating this prohibition subject themselves to disciplinary action under the UCMJ and/or administrative actions as deemed appropriate by the commander. Family members, civilian employees or other civilians violating this prohibition subject themselves to administrative action and/or criminal prosecution under applicable state, federal laws and regulations.

Q: I am going hunting after work, can I bring my weapon with me in the morning?

A: No, weapons cannot be stored in vehicles.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You lose more than just gun rights, but oddly enough they teach you how to shoot all sorts of guns. Sign that dotted line and you become their Personal Property..aka government property.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like you forfeit more than just SOME rights..........

Gun rights were not the most personally painful rights to give up.
Try not being able to choose what kind of work you do, what part of the world you live in, and not being able to quit and take a better offer. Try being away from your family isolated overseas when your child is born.
Try being stationed at Andrews and being at the beck and call of the politicians so they can go to the Virgin Islands for the weekend, and then getting ^%&% because the plane breaks and they don't get their free ride back on time. Try having the Speaker of the House demand service the equivalent of the President, and tying up airplanes needed to move troops.

You are told how to wear your hair, how much you can weigh, and required to pass the physical fitness test for a 17 year old when you are a 40 year old office worker doing 60 hour weeks at the Pentagon. You put up with a very few medical personnel like the Ft Hood shooter who got a free education, and a rank higher than yours to start for pay purposes, and then listen to their constant anti-military crap.

And some servicemen die from battle wounds, plane crashes, vehicle accidents, or being shot by some kook who should have been kicked out long ago. Others watch their best friends die.

Try listening to the First Lady apologize for the US Military because "they are not our best and brightest."

Try being told that the emergency operation your wife had while you were overseas and she was back with her Mama is going to cost you $22,000 co-pay because the civilian doctor was not on the approved Tricare list.

Thousands of servicepeople volunteer and do all this every day, and call it doing their job.

Compared to most, I had really good duty for 27 years, and now I'm retired. Every day I think of those that are still on active duty.

Latest posts

Top Bottom