Weber Grills & FTC: Another Right To Repair Action

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
oh what's this? ownership of all things is declining, not just homes? this model is extending to all goods?

almost like it's part of a bigger scheme?

why i never......

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Weber has always been very responsive on my Summit. It was quite an expensive grill and they sent parts, free of charge, that were clearly damaged in transit by the store I bought it from. They also replaced parts free of charge when it was out of warranty.

All that aside, when (and on what) does it not void a warranty when you use cheap, third party crap? And if it's under warranty WHY would you use third party crap? If you're talking gas appliances, and really anything, if you want a manufacturers warranty to be valid and you want a safe product, you should use their parts. Do anything you damn well please after the short warranty is up.

SiGArmed

Deplorable
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Weber has always been very responsive on my Summit. It was quite an expensive grill and they sent parts, free of charge, that were clearly damaged in transit by the store I bought it from. They also replaced parts free of charge when it was out of warranty.

All that aside, when (and on what) does it not void a warranty when you use cheap, third party crap? And if it's under warranty WHY would you use third party crap? If you're talking gas appliances, and really anything, if you want a manufacturers warranty to be valid and you want a safe product, you should use their parts. Do anything you damn well please after the short warranty is up.

Using Harley as a example, since they just got in trouble as well, is they were blanket nullifying warranties if you used anything other than a licensed Harley part. Use accel plug wires? too bad F you, if your dealer was a a-hole. Used to be when I messed with cars, they at least had to prove the modification you made caused the failure. Which is cool. But trying to kill my warranty for a transmission because I put aftermarket exhaust on? Come on.

Be like Colt saying they wont warranty a bolt because you put a Cabelas sling on it lol.

Want to go down a real rabbit hole look into John Deere. F that company to the fullest.

Latest posts

Top Bottom