Welcome to Tulsa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daryl Licht

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tulsa used to be a really nice town. Now there are no areas that aren't overrun with homeless and thieves and panhandlers. Thankfully I'll be going to part time from January to September and won't have to be there every day.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somebody is feeding them. Common theme where they show up, especially this time of year.

This probably makes me a cold, heartless bastard, but,,,,,,,,, it should be a felony to feed homeless people anywhere other than in a full time shelter where they are full time residents, with several restrictions to becoming a full time resident. Like being drug free and actively seeking employment. Minors would be the only exception to the employment caveat.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This probably makes me a cold, heartless bastard, but,,,,,,,,, it should be a felony to feed homeless people anywhere other than in a full time shelter where they are full time residents, with several restrictions to becoming a full time resident. Like being drug free and actively seeking employment. Minors would be the only exception to the employment caveat.
I dont think we should penalize kindness, even if the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Personally I think we need to set up tent encampments where people can get off drugs and be taught the joy of labor. There are potholes to be filled, trash to be picked up and drainage ditches to clear. Even better if the trainable could work on large scale infrastructure projects to boost the economy.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont think we should penalize kindness, even if the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Personally I think we need to set up tent encampments where people can get off drugs and be taught the joy of labor. There are potholes to be filled, trash to be picked up and drainage ditches to clear. Even better if the trainable could work on large scale infrastructure projects to boost the economy.

Excellent, maybe you can arrange for someone to set up and feed them on a regular basis close to your workplace or home.

I've worked downtown. When you have to step over and around human **** to get into work it hardens you. When you see a couple of them screwing on the bus bench across the street when you leave for lunch, it ruins your appetite. They hang around and live close to the food source. Remove the food source and we might find that these things fix themselves.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Excellent, maybe you can arrange for someone to set up and feed them on a regular basis close to your workplace or home.

I've worked downtown. When you have to step over and around human **** to get into work it hardens you. When you see a couple of them screwing on the bus bench across the street when you leave for lunch, it ruins your appetite. They hang around and live close to the food source. Remove the food source and we might find that these things fix themselves.
Bro, I am from Seattle, where the problems is much worse, ever so much much worse. They get food regardless, usually by stealing it. Alao when people give food to the homeless they often toss whatever is not sugar, Junkies live off candy and snacks. The worst thing people can give them is money, it goes straight to drugs. have also worked with the homeless and mentally ill for going on 20 years. Stopping the misguided kindness of people feeding the poor by force of law will not solve the problem.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I see the bums downtown every day. And now I see them in South Tulsa, near my mom’s house near 66th and Memorial. Very nice neighborhood- a quarter mile away you see bums pushing overladen shopping carts full of crap and panhandling at the corner. 81st and Lewis? All along Riverside? Proud compassionate people drop off boxes of food for them there- I guess they don’t understand how baiting an area works.

enuf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Somebody is feeding them. Common theme where they show up, especially this time of year.
That brings up a good point - are these homeless shelters like John 3:16 and such - is that just enabling them and making the problem worse or is it really "helping" them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom