Well, this is strange.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Previous owner was a right handed shooter with a left dominate eye for sighting!
This was my problem and wasn't noticed until I was on the firing range at Ft. Ord back in '69. After a couple of smacks up side the head with a range paddle didn't solve my bad shot placement, the DI noticed that I canted my rifle over to the left to use the sights. Learning to shoot left handed solved the problem.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After further inspection I am beginning to think it might be a non-concentric bore. With the bolt out and a laser (cat toy type, not a bore sight) it seems to point to the right when i try to center it. I know this is not conclusive as it could just be how I'm holding the laser, but, well, maybe?

The offset sight annoys the crap out of me, but missing my target would annoy me even more, so offset it stays...
Having an offset sights can be a good thing you know, like the typical car-jacker not being able to drive a stick shift. Someone grabbing your firearm before you can get to it allows you time to smack-'em before they figure out how to aim it :bolt: