What a great week-end.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the first time in a long time my wife has felt like getting out. She had surgery in December, and is finally getting over it. We went to WalMart and then to Roma's Italian in Idabel Saturday. Not too exciting, but it's a start.

This morning I cast about 50 500 grain bullets for my .45-70, loaded 5 over 55 grains of Goex FFFg and went out to the land to give them a try. Nothing formal, just shooting at a cowpatty at about 280 yards. I was short every shot, but the good thing is no flyers to the left or right. Some of the loads I've tried in that rifle will pretty much go wherever they please, not where I point them. Then I finished off with some.45Colt gallery loads one Colt's Walker (R&D cylinder) and some light loads in the percussion Walker.

Got home and cooked some of what my wife's family calls Mexican meat and fried 'taters and onions. I had a slow cooker full of pintos and ham already done. Darn good eatin'.

Here's a little video of the shooting:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJIanHmTSTc

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like a great day Terry.

Love the video as usual, especially the Walkers loading lever falling after every shot on those heavy loads lol. You need to tie a strap of leather around it to keep it in place when you fire those monsters. :)

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good for you and more for your wife. We sometimes do not think about how nice it is to just have a boring life and finally decide to go do something when we want to and just go do it. It gets a lot more special when it becomes "now we can do this", and it works. I just lost my Mom and was thinking of the times we had to work around when she was not feeling well to take her out to eat at her favorite places. It was hard for her, but put a smile on her face also. Enjoy as much as you can with the ones you love. One or the other of you will not be here some day, like the rest of us.

Latest posts

Top Bottom