What BiPod...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No clue about bi-pods and how they attach. I've looked online at various sites like midway and natchez but the pictures and the descriptions don't help thus my question.

Kind'a like to get a bi-pod for my Rock River Arms LAR-8. No rail on underside of handguard. Does have the standard miltype sling attachment.

Bi-Pod should adjust low enough so that I can shoot from either prone position or sitting at a bench.

Recommendations?

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was talking to my boss yesterday who has a Harris bi-pod. On his the rifle doesn't swivel on the bi-pod. To change windage he has to move the bi-pod which seems to me a bit awkward and wouldn't lend itself well to fine windage adjustments.

That can't be right?

FWIW i've been to the Harris web site; impressive product line and I have heard good things about them. They talk about swivel and non-swivel models but based on their descriptions I'm still not sure and spending 100+ bucks on something where windage adjustments are a function of picking the gun up and moving the legs just seems - well - not right. It seems that I am missing something.

Does anyone make bi-pods where the gun will swivel in both elevation and windage with the legs firmly planted in place? Maybe I just don't understand the purpose of a bi-pod.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Caldwell makes one that swivels side-to-side and allows for left-right movement (I had one but can't remember what model it was - I bought it at Academy I think).

Academy Sports started carrying Blackhawk bipods (look to be Harris clones) - they swivel, came with a pod-lock, and (I think were notched) for like $39. I'm going to grab one for my son's 10/22 so I'll be able to tell you more about it after I've picked it up and played with it for a bit.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Caldwell and a Shooter's Ridge both swivel and both cost about $40. One is on a 10/22 and the other on a 7.62x39 AR. The Shooter's Ridge seems to be a little better made, both work for what I do.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Atlas for the absolute best. Harris is good to go too.

You could always drill through your handguard and attach a section of picatinny rail.

Last edited:

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Atlus, they are a little on the $$ side but mine went through Hell in Afghanistan and still works Flawless!! Its Adjustable at 45 degree rocks side to side and it Will twist!