• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

North East OK GWoT Era M4 Clone Patrol Carbine (Fully Equipped)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdragen

Marksman
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sub Category
Rifles
Is this item for sale?
  1. For Sale
Sale Price
1200$
Caliber
5.56x45mm NATO
So last year I got nostalgic and decided I wanted to try and re-create the weapon I carried overseas (on a budget, because nostalgia isn't free and this was not going to be my main squeeze), and this was the result. It's far from a perfect clone, but it matches the weight, balance and aesthetic of my service carbine well enough that if I stand outside a sewage treatment plant with my eyes closed it's almost like I'm right back over there. It is a PSA 16" Carbine Upper (Chrome-Moly, 1:7 twist, nitride exterior--not 14.5" because I'm not kinky enough for Pinning and Welding) with a drop-in RIS with KA rail covers and a VFG on an Anderson lower with a mil-spec trigger, A2 grip, and M4 stock (stabilized to eliminate rattle), nothing fancy or special, but it's cycled all 400-ish rounds of various brand, type, and load (including steel case) that I've put through it without any malfunctions. For sights it has the FSB (naturally) with a Matech deployable BUIS, and I have added a Sig Romeo 7s (NV compatible) in-lieu of the M68 CCO from my memories (again, because nostalgia has a price tag). To complete the patrol carbine essentials I added a Surefire-compatible (takes SF heads and tails) scout light with both remote switch and button tailcaps, and a basic two-point adjustable sling (sorry, I'm not ready to part with my T.H.E. MAMBA sling just yet...memories and all). Also replaced the forward sling mount with a Rock Island side sling mount for both authenticity and practicality, because under-mounted slings are gross.

Truth be told, I really like this setup even if it's not as ergonomic, balanced, or light by today's standards--something about it just feels right. That said, I just don't see myself taking this to the range very much with the other options available to me. If I had more room in my safe and more flexibility in my paranoia, this would make a great loaner ("Howdy neighbor! It's crazy out here, how's about you cover that way and I'll cover this way?"), but I'm not quite there yet. It's definitely niche, so I'm hoping somebody out here has some nostalgic feelings like mine and wants to skip the process of piecing it all together.

$1200 obo. I also have a Plano Tactical All Weather 36" lockable case I can add for another $50 if you need/want it. OK DL and some forum longevity required.

Attachments

• M4 Clone 01.jpg
    M4 Clone 01.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 231
  • M4 Clone 02.jpg
    M4 Clone 02.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • M4 Clone 03.jpg
    M4 Clone 03.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • M4 Clone 04.jpg
    M4 Clone 04.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • M4 Clone 05.jpg
    M4 Clone 05.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • M4 Clone 06.jpg
    M4 Clone 06.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • M4 Clone 07.jpg
    M4 Clone 07.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0

cdragen

Marksman
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, they just look and feel very aggressive and they are objectively very robust, but as some like to point out, when does anybody ever use all four rails on a quad rail? It's just a lot of unnecessary weight most of the time, but before Keymod and M-Lok the ability to mount almost anything anywhere was a novel luxury. Thanks!

Latest posts

Top Bottom