What color to refinish my P7?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I got my P7 in, its a grade C, I am happy with it, expected better from the pics, but still happy. I think after a nice holster, if I carry it as often as I think, I may send it to Ol' Yeller to be refinished. Think I might do something diff as seems like all of them are done in Robar's NP3. Not a big fan of two-tone but would consider it. I think something like coyote tan would look cool. Anyone care to photoshop up some ideas or give me input? (BTW I think I am gonna love this gun, even though I havent shot it!)

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have a P7M8 and they are a great pistol. A little heavy but ultra reliable. If we have ours done we will probably have it melonited. Look at hard chrome too. Now FDE would be different but look good with black grips and controls.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't spend a dime on it yet.
Go shoot 2-3000 rounds thru it and decide if its a keeper first.
It's unbelieveable how many guys on here run out and spend
a bunch of money for a fancy finish on their new purchase.
Only to see it in the classifieds the next month cause they
decided they didn't like the gun as much as they thought
they would.
And they usually can't come close to getting all their money back.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I plan on carrying it a bit and putting a few rounds through it before I spend the money refinishing it. If I dont like it, I will sell as is, but I have a feeling I wont.

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I would send it to Accurate Plating in Florida? and follow their lead. I have seen 2 that they have done and I was impressed. Jim

Latest posts

Top Bottom