What is the most unusual or unique thing you own?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RWS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i have an old single shot shotgun that one of my ancestors used to kill a man who robbed his store in the early 1900's.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A 1972 Land Rover Series 3 88",a copy of the Warren Report, a issue of Popular Mechanics with an article of a new rifle the US was having problems with in SE Asia, an A.H. Fox sxs with A.H.Fox stamped on one set of barrels and Stevens Gun Co. stamped on the other set with all serial numbers matching.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
NEAT! I guess I have never seen a cartridge constructed that way before. That thing had to make a hell of a bang!

Ya I'm sure it did!

Not only that, the projectile weighs 7.2 ounces so that's like 3150 grains!

From what I understand, the priming system wasn't that great and there were a lot of times it didn't fire. This cartridge is like a lot of others that you see where the case has been struck but it doesn't show other signs of being fired and someone has placed an unfired projectile in it to complete the round. I gather that back in the day before it all became scarce, collectors did that to have an example of the cartridge and it's just survived over the years that way.

Worm79

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I own a baseball signed by the entire Tulsa Oilers (Drillers) from I think 52 or 55 I looked it up and it was the year they won a championship. Al vincent was the coach

adluginb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At my parents house in the kitchen cupboard is a little glass baby food jar with my sisters tonsils in it. Guess hospitals use to let you take home your removed body parts back then. Kinda nasty but also kinda cool.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
not the weirdest I've got laying around by a long shot.
had this in another thread, but it really belongs here ...
--------

check out this watch maker's bench chocked full of old watch tools.
belonged to a real Oklahoma gangster ... purchased from an estate belonging to his son.

drawers are soooo chocked full of watch maker's tools... hard to keep track of all the pieces. this is just 4 drawer out of 15. then another few boxes of watch parts/tools.

found tuck inside a matchbox ... world's smallest gun :woohoo1:

[Broken External Image]

ahome.tulsaconnect.com_toug_cpf_watch6.JPG

ahome.tulsaconnect.com_toug_cpf_watch2.JPG

ahome.tulsaconnect.com_toug_cpf_watch3.JPG

ahome.tulsaconnect.com_toug_cpf_watch4.JPG

ahome.tulsaconnect.com_toug_cpf_watch5.JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom