What is your Religious Affiliation?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your Religious Affiliation?

• Catholic

Votes: 26 10.8%
  • Baptist

Votes: 71 29.5%
  • Charismatic/Assemblies of God/Holiness

Votes: 21 8.7%
  • Anglican/Lutheran/ Presbyterian

Votes: 9 3.7%
  • Atheist

Votes: 18 7.5%
  • Agnostic

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Muslim

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Jewish

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Believe in God but no organized religion

Votes: 62 25.7%
  • Mormon

Votes: 4 1.7%

• Total voters

COZICAN

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.martinzender.com/
1 Timothy 4:10 "God is the savior of ALLmankind, especially believers" <universal reconciliation>
I no longer believe in a place of eternal torment... No hell of the kind I was taught in baptist churches many years ago.
There are three different words indiscriminately translated "hell" in the King James Version. In 2 Peter 3:4, where the Greek word is tartaroo (English transliteration, "tartarus,") the KJV has translated "hell." In Matthew 5:29, where the Greek word is geenna," (English transliteration "gehenna"), the KJV has translated "hell." In Acts 2:27, where the Greek word is hades, (English translation, "unseen"), the KJV has translated "hell." Surely you see the crime in translating three different Greek words (with three very different meanings), by the same English word. http://www.martinzender.com/Zenderature/dear_mr_hell.htm

Can God be called the Savior of all men and yet not redeem all? He has made all people saveable.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am Baptist. Though I grew up Catholic and everyone in my family is Catholic.

That's what is known as a "recovering Catholic."

As for me, I didn't see a block for "other." I have formed my own, to me very satisfactory, idea of the relationship between "here" and the "hearafter," but am not evangelical about it. I'm happy to share my views with individuals who are curious, but don't really want to open it at the forum level.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's what is known as a "recovering Catholic."

As for me, I didn't see a block for "other." I have formed my own, to me very satisfactory, idea of the relationship between "here" and the "hearafter," but am not evangelical about it. I'm happy to share my views with individuals who are curious, but don't really want to open it at the forum level.

Yea but I didnt find Catholicism as having a negative effect on my life. Dont want to take over the thread so ill leave it at that :P (sorry JB if this is against the thread rules)

Latest posts

Top Bottom