What scope mount for M1a?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chas

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would order a Sadlak inspection kit and make sure your receiver is mil-spec. They are 5 bucks I think and you get a credit if you buy a mount from them. If your receiver is mil-spec you could more than likely get away with a Springer 3rd gen mount, but I would get the Sadlak. If your not mil-spec Sadlak will make you a custom mount to fit your receiver. Your wasting your money IMO with a Springer mount if your receiver isn't mil-spec.

My current M1A uses a Springer 3rd gen mount well (That I bought before reseaching), but the previous rifles I had the mounts would always shoot loose within about 20-30 rounds or so. In the future I will try the Sadlak mount.

If you go to their website it's very informative and interesting. Hope this helps.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine came with a 3rd Gen SAI mount but I will eventually get a Bassett. Take a look at the Bassett, I like because it can be removed easily and hold its settings.

technetium-99m

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I had a Smith mount on mine, it held zero great.

Unless the others are dramatically different from the Smith mount it puts the optic waaayyy up there. Might be prepared to deal with that issue.

Latest posts

Top Bottom