Question about mounting a scope

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a one piece scope mount with scope already installed and the screws are loctited down. I have taken it off one rifle and want to put it on an AR15. To get the proper eye relief, I have to mount it one notch on the rail forward past where the barrel shroud rail meets the upper receiver. I am wondering if this will cause a problem with holding zero. I would prefer to not have to loosen the scope rings and move the scope forward so I can move the mount back but will do so if it causes accuracy issues down the road.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have a picture of the mounted optic? I have like 6 rail slots left for my offset mount on my SPR and I'm only 1.5" rear the receiver with a rifle length stock.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never got a scope to shoot in the same spot moving from one gun to another. I always end up loosening and moving it.

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You want the entire mount on the receiver, period.

^ Best answer.

This is where those old sayings like "do it right the first time.. ", and "a stitch in time saves nine" really show themselves to be true after a range session or two where you're chasing a wandering zero, or patterning your rifle instead of shooting groups.

You will find that you have to loosen the screws and move the optic anyway...might as well do it before you're frustrated and down 50 rounds of ammo to boot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom