What significant decreases in volume or quanity have you noticed in your grocery cart ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Canned pork and beans would usually be full of beans and occasionally you would get a can with 1/2" of liquid on top.
Now I get cans with 1" or more of liquid on top and rarely get a full can of beans.

Store brand sweet pickle relish was runny and Vlasic was not runny.
Now it's as runny as the store brand.
More syrup and water. I had to run the last jar of it through a strainer.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't think it's just groceries either. Couple of years ago when the beer prices really went up I thought I had found a great deal on some Stella Artois 12 packs. Nope, they're now 11.2 oz instead of 12. Red Stripe are also 11.2.

Definitely had the size 'switch-a-roo' on crackers. I make meatloaf and always just had '1 sleeve of crackers' on my recipe. I started noticing it wasn't as dry then looked at the box. Yes, couple of ounces out of each sleeve.

Got my garden started and planted some onions, shallots, lettuce, spinach and kale. May have to make a few extra rows this year and can more than last year. Something all of y'all should consider if you've got the room.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't think it's just groceries either. Couple of years ago when the beer prices really went up I thought I had found a great deal on some Stella Artois 12 packs. Nope, they're now 11.2 oz instead of 12. Red Stripe are also 11.2.

Definitely had the size 'switch-a-roo' on crackers. I make meatloaf and always just had '1 sleeve of crackers' on my recipe. I started noticing it wasn't as dry then looked at the box. Yes, couple of ounces out of each sleeve.

Got my garden started and planted some onions, shallots, lettuce, spinach and kale. May have to make a few extra rows this year and can more than last year. Something all of y'all should consider if you've got the room.
I can't afford to grow my own vegetables. Last time I tried that I figure the tomato cost me $300/pound.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Biden said that we would feel the pain of the conflict in Ukraine but he didn't mean it, he was only following orders from the basement.

RCSteve19

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I noticed the only chip I eat, a keto corn chip has a lot, and I mean significantly less of the cheesy goodness on them. So much less that they no longer taste like naCho cheese. I assume the are reducing the the coating since some of the dairy powders are getting harder to get
yes i also just noticed that frito lays nacho doritos taste way diferent

Latest posts

Top Bottom