What time do you get in your blind/stand?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it all depends where you are, heavy hunted areas you may want to be in early so when the guys like me come rollin' thu right at light I can jump the deer and run them by you already in your stand, I'm lucky and the deer in my area party too late and don't get around too early 90% of the deer I have gotten have been between 7:00 - 9:00am. I hunted one area people hunted all around the land I was on and I would not get in my stand until about 8:00am when everyone else around would get out of their stand and head out for lunch about 9:00 - 10:00 they would get the deer moving and they would come by me. I'll be perched this year probably by 6:00am since this place is new to me and my stand is pretty easy to get into and not sound like a bull in a china closet. Later,

Kirk

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will be seated no later than 6am preferrably a little earlier, and I will be taking lunch and leaving when it is to dark to see.

Thats the way it is for me too. One can't spend enough time in the stand while the rut is on. I also take a good novel to read and help pass the time.

I love the mornings the most, when as the darkness turns to grey light, and all the animals in the woods start to wake up and get about their normal routines. Amazing time of day:D

Latest posts

Top Bottom