When did you guys finally grow up?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess you could say my childhood was cut short. I've been living alone since i was 17. All my uncle said was "welcome to adulthood." That says alot because he lived with his mother(my grandma) until he was 36. Looking back on it I guess it is hard to pick up chicks when you are that age living at home with your momma.

carlstretch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My first real fire onboard ship while we were at sea. Had a Class Bravo fire in the bilge, somehow those guys caught the JP5 on fire and we had to put it out. I was #2 nozzleman and while I had been thru at least 50 fire drills,... nothing can make you pucker like the real thing at sea. You better put it out and you better do your job or people will die. After the fire was out,.. while undressing out of my OBA,.. I thought to myself "Dang you better get your $#*& together."

I still have a ton of fun and believe in the "Work hard, play hard" mentality but, I was a changed man after that fire.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Agreed in the huff post stuff. Just thought it was interesting how the feminazi known as Ariana huffington views you if you under 43

MCVetSteve

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I matured early. 20 years old. Under fire on my first day in country, unarmed. You think/pray a lot during a short period of time.

The Huffington post is filled with a bunch of girley men, that will never find their manhood.

I too matured at this age, although I had been in country for a few months by the time my 20th birthday, and 1st firefight, came around. On the same day. At the time, it was so much better than cake and ice cream.

Latest posts

Top Bottom