Which glock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Zane

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have both and the G27 is my go to gun for carry. I shoot it well, and I really like the 40. I dont feel under armed with the 9mm when I carry my 26. cant go wrong with either one.

jroberts1968

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
This would be my first glock. Looking at either a glock 26 or 27. I would really like one in a .40 but the mag capacity of a 9mm also entertains my interest. Let the debate begin!!!!!!!

Well my grandfather would say if you can hit them in six then dont draw or carry it (41 Mag) or may dad would say 8 (1911) different generations for them. Now the gagnster on the corner tec 9 30 rounds. Me g-36 45acp the only way to fly.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would say a G19 also. If you buy a G26, and then do a pinky extension on the mag for better grip, then you are pretty much at the same size as a 19. As was mentioned earlier, they are great guns to shoot at competitions as well, giving you more reason to shoot more with it!!

oklaccer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carried a 27 for many years. Had the grip extensions for the third finger. Nice package, but pretty hard on the wrist when killing targets. Finally switched to a 23. Same height, so it conceals just as well and the slightly greater length does not show at all. Go with what works best for you. If possible shoot them all before buying. Good luck.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Glock 19. Not much bigger than the 26 in height, and the length actually helps stabilize the gun. The shorter barreled guns, the butt wants to lean out, and there's not enough muzzle to help counteract it, so it feels like it's digging in more. I've noticed this on my 2" revolvers, that seem less stable and become uncomfortable before the day is out, where my G19 or even 4" 1911 remain comfortable all day.

Plus, if you try the 19, and don't like it, you don't lose hardly any money if you buy it used in the first place.