Which Mower?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Mower?

• Cub Cadet XT1

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • Troy Built Super Bronco 46

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Troy Built Bronco 46

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Craftsman T2400

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stanley Black & Decker bought Cub Cadet in 2021. Not sure how that affects their service and warranties. I have a Cub Cadet currently.

Personally, the next mower I buy will be an Exmark Zero Turn. They're pricey, but dependable and easy to work on. Quite likely will not buy another mower from a box store again.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would be more concerned with the components than a brand name. All the box store machines are very similar. If one is not inclined to pop the hood, in that case the better warranty should be a higher priority, then the price.

The saying, you get what you pay for is partially true. Better components will cost more, however, so does good marketing. The better the marketing (the bs spewed by the company) the higher the price can be charged.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most box store machines have thin metal on the frame now. I bought a Kubota and wouldn't own anything else. Good strong Kawasaki engine, thick frame, easy to get parts.

Given the choices, I'd go with an AYP brands over MTD (See Dbleak's post). I've never owned an MTD brand item (including Craftsman) that was worth a dang. Repairs are a constant headache.

jeepjackazz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
sure you dont want a bronco 42?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231006-083936_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231006-083936_Gallery.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Top Bottom