Who has a scorpion pistol? Sight question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TSQUARE

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Picked up a Scorpion Evo 3 S1 Pistol and am toying with the sights/optic. I have a sig romeo 5 that came with a standard mount for AR platform. I am asking for real world use. Will the red dot drop in elevation enough for a 25 yard zero? If I added magpul mbus, will they adjust enough for a 25 yard zero? I would like to know before I go spend ammo at the range testing, and I have a limited return / exchange window on the romeo 5. I would prefer the magpul mbus/romeo 5 combo since I have a similar set up on the AR, try to keep everything as close to the same as possible.

Thanks in advance.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Picked up a Scorpion Evo 3 S1 Pistol and am toying with the sights/optic. I have a sig romeo 5 that came with a standard mount for AR platform. I am asking for real world use. Will the red dot drop in elevation enough for a 25 yard zero? If I added magpul mbus, will they adjust enough for a 25 yard zero? I would like to know before I go spend ammo at the range testing, and I have a limited return / exchange window on the romeo 5. I would prefer the magpul mbus/romeo 5 combo since I have a similar set up on the AR, try to keep everything as close to the same as possible.

Thanks in advance.
I’m running a Holosun 503cu on mine and it’s zeroed at 25 yards and I’ve hit out to 125 yards with it. I’m shooting 147g subsonic ammo, so I think you’ll be good with both your iron sights and whatever red dot you choose.

However, you might have an issue with an AR height mount. It’ll be hard to get a cheek weld with most of the Scorpion braces. Most people run a low mount directly on the rail.

Have you upgraded your trigger, springs and grip yet?

TSQUARE

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is the standard mount that comes with the Romeo, so take that for what it is. I just assume it’s an AR height. Are you running the cz stock irons, or are you using something else?

I have put a magpul grip on it, have not messed with trigger or trigger springs, drop in, etc..
Adding a low mount increases the total optic price to $215. Wondering if there is something better out there for that price.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is the standard mount that comes with the Romeo, so take that for what it is. I just assume it’s an AR height. Are you running the cz stock irons, or are you using something else?

I have put a magpul grip on it, have not messed with trigger or trigger springs, drop in, etc..
Adding a low mount increases the total optic price to $215. Wondering if there is something better out there for that price.
I personally like the 503 since it changes between the EoTech style reticle and a normal red dot. It also has the shake awake and all that stuff. The EoTech gives you more options when making longer shots.

I definitely recommend the trigger and springs upgrade, it makes all the difference and a more enjoyable/accurate experience.

I’m running the original CZ metal sights.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While I don't have a Scorpion, I do have a PSA AK-V with a Romeo 5. The low mount is what I used and I am zeroed to 25 with good results at other ranges. My Romeo 5 came with both the low and high mounts, but I know there are models that don't. Not sure which you ended up with.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Also, something to think about with cowitness sights and optics, if that glass should become broken or you forget to open lens covers those b/u sights are worthless. Consider a QD mount for the red dot so you can get that optic out of the way if you need iron sights.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m assuming you’re using the low mount with yours?
AC0484AC-7C1A-49C7-B0D7-B4E4AAE83095.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom