Who has knowledge of RV Satellite Systems?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Took off a new Winegard Traveler Satellite Sytem, complete with everything for two TV’s. Remotes, Boxes, Cables, Control Box, and all. It is all computerized, turn it on and it raises and finds hat it needs to find. Does anyone know if there is a market for a New Take off one? We did not want it, needed the room for Solar Panels. We are not much on TV’s anyways. I know zilch about them!!

B90A474C-3B8F-4DF1-A7C6-B551562EBC0C.jpeg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They require a subscription to receive TV. It can get pretty pricy depending on the plan you opt into.
They also require a clear view of the southern sky to pick up the signals. Mountain, trees, etc can block them.
We have one on our rig that’s smaller but have never activated it.
With smart TV’s, streaming services and so on we’ve never needed to activate it.
You might be able to find someone that got theirs ripped off their rig and need a replacement.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They require a subscription to receive TV. It can get pretty pricy depending on the plan you opt into.
They also require a clear view of the southern sky to pick up the signals. Mountain, trees, etc can block them.
We have one on our rig that’s smaller but have never activated it.
With smart TV’s, streaming services and so on we’ve never needed to activate it.
You might be able to find someone that got theirs ripped off their rig and need a replacement.

We get stuck in for weather, she has DVD Movies, and if good cell Netflix. But we have never done those. We have never been into TV in our lives. Great idea on some one who raked theirs off! Another member suggested letting some RV Salvage places know about it. Thanks.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is usually a buyer for ANYTHING. Trick is finding them.

Someone may want to put it on their house. Doesn't have to be mobile.

We take the WiFi from the house and turn it on in RV. Does what we need.

List it here, ebay and Craigslist. I bet it sells.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is usually a buyer for ANYTHING. Trick is finding them.

Someone may want to put it on their house. Doesn't have to be mobile.

We take the WiFi from the house and turn it on in RV. Does what we need.

List it here, ebay and Craigslist. I bet it sells.

Thanks bud. I just found out last night it can go on a home and or be portable.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My thoughts are that it isn’t needed for a fixed location such as a house. The service providers such as DirectTV or Dish will set a fixed satellite dish, and it doesn’t need to be changed for a fixed location. The selling point is that the dish automatically finds the satellite signal when it is moved from one location to another. If someone already has a service provider such as DirecTV, they can use that same service in their RV without paying anymore except maybe renting another receiver box. When traveling, the Winegard system will automatically find the satellite signal. Of course, there is an initial setup to get everything working. The Winegard systems are pretty expensive if bought new so I would think that you could sell it at a good value pretty quickly. You might try to sell it on RV forums or used RV dealers.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom