Who likes OLD pistols?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
48-SHOOTER

The Enouy percussion revolver was a unique revolver designed by Joseph Enouy of Middlesex, England.

It was a "transitional" percussion revolver with a large, rotating wheel attached to the underside of the gun. The wheel has eight spokes, each with a 6-chambered cylinder attached. The wheel rotates from a central pivot running from a bracket attached to the underside of the barrel and the butt.

The design was patented by Joseph Enouy on June 14th, 1855, but there are no records of it ever being produced and sold commercially, and is most likely a one-of-a-kind piece.
:drunk2:

Attachments

• gun-48-shot-revolver.jpg
    gun-48-shot-revolver.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 93

SdoubleA

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My love affair with old pistols began over 60 years ago. My Granddad's Colt's Model 1873 SAA. (And yes, they were called pistols and they were the real Single Action Army since the design and shells were for the U.S. Cavalry.) They were the predecessor of the civilian Colt's Single Action model most people are familiar with.

His Colt began years of research and collecting on my part. His old .45 was commissioned in 1874 and decommissioned in 1912. It has remained in my family ever since. They sure as heck are not made that way any longer.

The attached pic is just for sight recognition.

saa.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom