Who's The Smallest Government Spender Since Ike? Would You Believe It's Barack Obama?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This has been making the rounds for a while now. With all the talk about the rising defecit, it's an interesting look to see what the actual spending has done, not just defects compared to tax collections. I know not all - perhaps even little - of this is attributable to the president, or even the current congress (when was the last time we passed a budget), but it is interesting nonetheless

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickung...isenhower-would-you-believe-its-barack-obama/

It’s enough to make even the most ardent Obama cynic scratch his head in confusion.

Amidst all the cries of Barack Obama being the most prolific big government spender the nation has ever suffered, Marketwatch is reporting that our president has actually been tighter with a buck than any United States president since Dwight D. Eisenhower.

Who knew?

Check out the chart –

blogs_images.forbes.com_rickungar_files_2012_05_MW_AR658_spendi_20120521163312_ME.jpg

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Look Cards. What they're saying is that Obama is responsible for the last fiscal year of his predecessor. You really need to read that HOTAIR link.Then you'll understand.

P35

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
some more of the Liar in Chief's lying liars telling lies....Goebbels would be proud..funny how the "media" only fact checks Republicans

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I agree the claims that "Obama has cut spending" is misleading as a growth rate is not the same as changes in the actual level (I passed Calculus :) ). But also I don't know if I would call it debunked, maybe explained or qualified. Benson at least concedes "it's rooted in some degree of reality" but then spews partisan spin equally as misleading as the Democrat's garbage.

The piece I got out of it was more that the deficit increases have been more affected by collections increases than what I would have expected. I don't think we should go all balls-to-the-wall on tax hikes, but it was somewhat enlightening to me.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since they also claim that government spending is what's best for the country... their graph would make Obama an AWFUL president and Bush a very good one.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
some more of the Liar in Chief's lying liars telling lies....Goebbels would be proud..funny how the "media" only fact checks Republicans
That's a good point you make right there. Are we going to trust data published by the known communists at Forbes Magazine, or right thinking American bloggerws over there at Democrat Lies? The choice is obvious.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone can make a graph, anyone can conduct a public opinion poll, anyone can publish anything they want and make it say whatever they want. Anyone can chose to believe it or not.

Latest posts

Top Bottom