Why own a gun?(Two articles in one)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
No disagreement with the article as it pertains to self defense. However, what is often overlooked by those who do not own firearms is the unwritten responsibility mentioned in the 2A that the security of a free State requires that the people be armed as they are the militia. In this modern day, society (non-gun owners in particular) as a whole has acquiesced this responsibility to the police and military and foregone their duty of ensuring freedom. Even my Canadian wife (non-US citizen) understands this and is a gun owner. Sad so many American's don't.

hummerduude54

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
No disagreement with the article as it pertains to self defense. However, what is often overlooked by those who do not own firearms is the unwritten responsibility mentioned in the 2A that the security of a free State requires that the people be armed as they are the militia. In this modern day, society (non-gun owners in particular) as a whole has acquiesced this responsibility to the police and military and foregone their duty of ensuring freedom. Even my Canadian wife (non-US citizen) understands this and is a gun owner. Sad so many American's don't.

^^Awesome, well said! Will definitely use this the next time someone decides to bash the 2A

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

dutch, for once you and I agree 100%. Although I'd say that it's quite clear in the 2A and not unwritten.

Latest posts

Top Bottom