World's largest Wendy's franchise owner stands with Chick-fil-a after controversy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We're going to Chick-Fil-A in Yukon tonight for dinner to support them. I can't stand these hypocrites who speak out against the President's remarks. It's called fredom of speech. As soon as something is said they don't agree with they boycott. So much for tolerance.

i don't really get how choosing to boycott is being intolerant or goes against freedom of speech. The president of CFA is free to say what he said and people are free to boycott. It's a great system. Neither one of them are the government. I do, however, have an issue with the government saying businesses aren't welcome because of the remarks. But again, the NIMBY goes both ways. How many times do you think city governments have tried to keep/force out strip clubs, adult shops and other things because it went against their 'values'.

I also don't see this flap as being that different than when the Southern Baptists chose to boycott Disney for extending benefits to same sex partners. Two sides of the same coin and both sides lose on this one.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In my opinion:

1 - Chikfila makes the most disgusting sandwich ever. It's essentially a frozen patty from walmart, about as bland as you can get.

2 - Who cares what anybody in the food service industry thinks about anything political. You wound up in the food service industry because you failed at life, why would I be concerned with any of your opinions?

You don't have to be concerned with their opinions. Why would you?

Your #2 is just that, a steaming pile of gibberish. Do a google search of what it costs to own a single franchise of McDonalds, Subway, Sonic or any of the other top 10 fast food chains. You will see that not just anybody has the financial means to own a single FF Joint let alone owning the rights to a geographical territory. Thinking before you speak is always a wise choice.

ArGyLe64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i don't really get how choosing to boycott is being intolerant or goes against freedom of speech. The president of CFA is free to say what he said and people are free to boycott. It's a great system. Neither one of them are the government. I do, however, have an issue with the government saying businesses aren't welcome because of the remarks. But again, the NIMBY goes both ways. How many times do you think city governments have tried to keep/force out strip clubs, adult shops and other things because it went against their 'values'.

I also don't see this flap as being that different than when the Southern Baptists chose to boycott Disney for extending benefits to same sex partners. Two sides of the same coin and both sides lose on this one.

Because it's an action against an entire company over one person's comment. The comment was not hurtful, demeaning, or insulting. The president never said "Gay marriage is wrong and Chick-Fil-A as company is against it". If the LGBT community was tolerant then there should be no issue here. There is an issue because people wanted drama and that's what they got.

Latest posts

Top Bottom