WOW! Finally a MSM gun article that uses logic and makes sense!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fustigate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good article, but I have a problem with this:
"In 2011 a U.S. Congresswoman and 18 others were gunned down in a shopping plaza, over the course of minutes; the grizzly result could have been avoided or minimized had there been no legal restrictions on gun-holding in such “public areas,” restrictions that were well known to that perpetrator, too."

Rep. Giffords was shot in Arizona, which allows for open carry. I don't know that there are really any restrictions that would have prevented anyone from carrying that day. Correct me if I'm wrong. (However, the rally took place in a shopping parking lot, so the private company's policies may have forbid carrying.)

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good article, but I have a problem with this:
"In 2011 a U.S. Congresswoman and 18 others were gunned down in a shopping plaza, over the course of minutes; the grizzly result could have been avoided or minimized had there been no legal restrictions on gun-holding in such “public areas,” restrictions that were well known to that perpetrator, too."

Rep. Giffords was shot in Arizona, which allows for open carry. I don't know that there are really any restrictions that would have prevented anyone from carrying that day. Correct me if I'm wrong. (However, the rally took place in a shopping parking lot, so the private company's policies may have forbid carrying.)

I was wondering the same thing. Also with the Sikh Temple shooting I am not really sure gun laws had much to do with that. I think that had more to do with religious beliefs such as non violence. I am pretty sure if you went into a Buddhist temple no matter where it was located it would be a "Gun Free Zone" not because of laws but because of religion. He talks about military bases like everyone is walking around with a rifle or pistol all day. Military bases can be some of the most gun free areas in the world.

fustigate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Perhaps it was because the Giffords event likely was attended by mostly Democrats that don't believe in folks having guns, thus, the shooter was the only "private" citizen with one.
Sure; there's the issue of if anyone even would have had one. But I was questioning the article claiming they would have been banned at that location.

The author unfortunately hasn't been to a military base in the last 20 or so years. Personal firearms are banned there, too.
Yeah, it's not like everyone is running around with their M-9s on their leg... Also, they have been trained. Totally different environment.

furlong222

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can only echo the thoughts presented in that article....we are beginning to see people in Chicago, chosen at random while walking down the street, being beaten to death and robbed, (the bangers call it a game-"knockout")of course citizens must be unarmed in that city. If the people of Chicago were armed that behaviour would screetch to a halt.

Latest posts

Top Bottom