Y’all seen this? .40 into .44mag

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TeamTomlyn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Brass is stronger/harder than copper. I wonder how this affects pressure. I would think it would increase pressure for a given powder quant. Vs std jacket or lead.
Ya know I love casting and have researched and flirted with he idea of bullet swaging, which is what they call the process. I haven't heard any warnings or red flag alerts on pressure, so its probably not a considerable difference, but that is thought provoking... Anything softer than your barrel SHOULD run the rifling and exit, but at what point does bullet hardness increase the pressure to the point of failure...

I feel like swamprat already completed all the R&D on this one though and will have all the answers LMAO

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never seen that process in the video, but it appears to work quite well. Lord knows there is enough .44 caliber bullets in the shop that I'll never have to resort to using .40 brass, but it's interesting none the less.

Latest posts

Top Bottom