yay! combat shotgun time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iceman755

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
okay everybody tax returns are back I've decided to purchase a randomly junkie 870just have another shotgun laying around what are your favorite internal mods I don't care about the external because you can slap whatever you want on it but what are the best reliability and functionality mods?
Plan is as follows:
Birds head grip and magpul forearm
Wilson ss follower
+2 mag extension
Trim bbl to 17" then pin/weld breacher choke tube in
Various an sundry items for sling mount
Mesa sidesaddle.

Am I missing anything else?

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
okay everybody tax returns are back I've decided to purchase a randomly junkie 870just have another shotgun laying around what are your favorite internal mods I don't care about the external because you can slap whatever you want on it but what are the best reliability and functionality mods?
Plan is as follows:
Birds head grip and magpul forearm
Wilson ss follower
+2 mag extension
Trim bbl to 17" then pin/weld breacher choke tube in
Various an sundry items for sling mount
Mesa sidesaddle.

Am I missing anything else?

Sights and lights!

iceman755

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
and that's OK by me I'm not actually planning on heading this to a Marine is going to go bust in some doors it's probably going to sit by my bed at the house I might take it out and run just bird shot through it and put holes in things with it.I'm more concerned about functionality and good parts to throw into it so that it does operate reliablymore so than it being a legitimate combat weapon

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
or a mossberg 590 with the bayo lug. A Viet Nam vet I used to work with told me they had mossberg 500's. I've also seen remington 870's and stevens model 77's.

firewire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Love my birdshead grip on My Remington 870! So fun and easy to shoot. I would add maybe the machined extractor and marine spring and plunger that go in the bolt.

My rig:
Stock Remington model 870 20ga with 21" ribbed barrel - $300 after tax at walmart

Birdshead grip cut and shape from factory laminate stock - labor $70 (MWC gunsmith)
(Blue laminate stock add another $100)

Short grip bolt needed due to new grip $8 shipped (order from shockwave technologies)

Police machined extractor $17 & chrome marine spring & plunger $10 ($5 ea. ordered from MidwayUSA)
(Extractor: Remington #: F16176 – Plunger: Remington #: F97598 - Remington #: F97599)

Barrel cut down to 18.25" - $15 (Jones, OK gun machinist)

Aluminum Magazine follower - $35 from GGG of AZ or a comparably one for $20 from SBE precision

Trijicon Tridot fiber optic front sight - $80 (not necessary at all)

Deburr and internal polishing 3 hours labor

So all in all, I have about $620 invested in mine because of the blue stock and trijicon fiber optic sight (those 2 were $180 combined) plus about 3 hours of internal polishing work I did myself.

image.jpg
Trijicon Tridot not installed yet in this pic.

iceman755

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice thats close to what ive got in mind. Ibe got all my parts ordedered all I need is some skateboard tape for the grips. How do I put a pictire on here the icons dont seem to work right

Latest posts

Top Bottom