Youtube TV, anyone made the switch?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes it beats the heck out of the other options. I dumped Cox for YouTube TV and only use them as an ISP now. The only thing I don’t like is that the History Channel is not in their lineup.

I love that I can stream Fox News in real time on one of my monitors at work. Local live news is a huge win during tornado season.

I didn’t miss any football that Cox would have had either. We’re an OU and OSU house so that’s important to us.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like my YouTube TV. There is no higher authority on streaming. All the same, i don't watch sports or cable news ever, so I've been looking at Philo at less than half the cost. Still happy with YTTV, but it's still more channels than I watch.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We watch Youtube TV, in the RV but its on a jailbroken firestick, so it's free if we are in a park with good streaming wifi.
Wife has her TV reality programs on record via direct TV so that's not going anywhere soon at home.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Keep an eye on the Sprint/T-Mobile merger that may get approved around the end of this month. If so, 5G will happen very quickly in this central US area where there is Sprint or T-Mobile coverage and Dish Network will be involved with that to replace their satellite systems pretty soon. Seems there has already been a lot going on in the background on the ground for quite a while in preparation for this.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think we still a little left on our DirecTV service commitment . . . if we had better broadband I might consider going 100% streaming services.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
we just made the move last week and ditched uverse. our new ISP is significantly faster. Now we are exploring options for streaming. Have netflix and prime already and are debating youtube tv for the live stuff or maybe checking into an antenna since the espn stuff is mostly available via the espn app on our new tv.

I can see where people quickly outpace their cable bill when they start piecing together streaming services, though.

mikeyinokc

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We went full streaming last year...Used Sling tv for a while, then changed to Hulu. Hulu has a lot of live tv channels as well as movies. I stopped Netflix, and added AppleTV+. We had Dish Network Satellite for 16 years before going streaming. There's a lot of streaming options out there, and more coming....Haven't even begun to outpace our satellite bill yet. And besides the picture is way better...

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
DirectTv repeats their movies too much. We prefer the old westerns so go to youtube for the oldies on the Smart tV.

Latest posts

Top Bottom